Onza Ice 24

craigjames

Had this for a little while, geo isn't perfect but certainly not bad. Rides unsurprisingly like a very flicky trialsy stock or a mod which you can tap and roll things a lot lot easier. Waiting on Tarty to get a few bits back in stock and then it'll be sorted.

164701_10150127880162985_509512984_7739799_2929418_n.jpg

163473_10150127881372985_509512984_7739811_4358126_n.jpg

164514_10150127880962985_509512984_7739806_7297108_n.jpg

Frame: Onza Ice 24" trials

Forks: Echo Urbans

Front wheel: Hope XC hub, Atomlab DHR rim, DMR Moto digger (to be changed to TryAll CNC hub/Echo TR rim.

Rear: Echo TR/Hope Pro 2 trials, Schwalbe Fat Albert 2.4, Trialtech 14t

Cranks: Middleburn ISIS 175mm, TNN all in one 18t bash, truvativ gigapipe DH BB, Wellgo MG1 pedals

Rear Brake: Pre 05 lever, Fresh Products lever blade, Echo cnc clamps, Heatsink CNC reds, RB booster, braided hoses.

Front Brake: Hope Mono Trial 180mm

Stem: TryAll NUC 125x25

Bars: TrialTech Hi-Rise, TrialTeach foam grips

Headset: CaneCreek S3

Geo:

1055 WB

+47 BB

384 CS

Weight: According to some cheapo scales just under 10KGs

Big thanks to Joe Poyzer and Joe Seddon at Onza

Edited by craigjames

I think your cables need a cut man..

You sponsored by onza?

Can i request some more pics? Close up of yoke, seat stays, chainstays and drop outs?

I'm liking:

Not having holes for the cables in the frame. (crack)

Disc and maggie mounts

Frame shape

Cut in headtube

Drills in chainstay/drop out area

I'm not liking:

The graphix(spelling?) Dear say this is a proto' though, am i right?

The Geo seems a little slack for a TGS bike. BB seems low, Wb seems long, CS seem too long.

I think your cables need a cut man.. The rear one is fine, came off my stock and isn't really too long at all. The front i've only just got new and can't be arsed to cut it.

You sponsored by onza? Not really no, just helping Joe out with this one :)

Can i request some more pics? Close up of yoke, seat stays, chainstays and drop outs? I'll get some pics tomorrow when it's light again.

I'm liking:

Not having holes for the cables in the frame. (crack) Not had these on their frame for a while now, purely for that reason

Disc and maggie mounts Think the disc mount needs to be +20 to make it more usable

Frame shape personally i think the toptube and seatstays need to be in line to give it a cleaner look

Cut in headtube

Drills in chainstay/drop out area

I'm not liking:

The graphix(spelling?) Dear say this is a proto' though, am i right? It is a proto

The Geo seems a little slack for a TGS bike. BB seems low, Wb seems long, CS seem too long. It is a proto so I imagine that's why the geo isn't spot on, BB needs to be about +50/55, WB is spot on and the rear end is off a stock hence the chainstays are too long, need to be about 370 although i don't know how that would work with a 18:14 gearing.

In response to when it's coming out I don't honestly know, I'm not sure if it's destined for further tweaking; so I won't say.

It's the first thing i said to Luke when i got it built, the top tube and chainstays need to be in line and then it would be sweet.

You did indeed Royston, though a shorter back end with a higher BB would make that happen a little more naturally too so you wouldn't end up with anything too big either (Y)

Still need a play on this, if you ever make it back from your little snow-hole :P