What On Earth Is This Frame?

TrialsMan Dan

Looking for something totally unrealated on Google images i stumbled across this 24" bike and its something ive never seen before, looks to have disc mounts on the rear and has some funky gusseting around the seat area and kinda remeniscent of some Monty or Onza frames. Anyone shed some light on what this may be? (perhaps a prototype Monty 24"?)

p4pb5971187.jpg

Why..just why? :S obviously wasnt a great seller then, thats why ive never seen one before. Still being produced?

It actually made a lot of sense in my mind... just nobody took on the idea! Because wheel size is done on outside diameter, as with Mods using a 19" rim to give a fat rear tyre with larger air volume so a 25" rim could allow a bigger air volume tyre while keeping the OD 26". If a couple of tyre/rim manufacturers had taken it on for downhilling or whatever it could've been more mainstream I reckon. Nevermind!

No longer produced, but were available for a good few years.

It actually made a lot of sense in my mind... just nobody took on the idea! Because wheel size is done on outside diameter, as with Mods using a 19" rim to give a fat rear tyre with larger air volume so a 25" rim could allow a bigger air volume tyre while keeping the OD 26". If a couple of tyre/rim manufacturers had taken it on for downhilling or whatever it could've been more mainstream I reckon. Nevermind!

You don't want big tyres for DH! That'll be why no one made any!

low profile (ish) light tyres 2.35 of 2.5 with thick sidewalls are best.

Cheers, Will

Didn't the 19 inch rim come about because people were using 19" motocross tyres and rims from wee mx bikes?