Cataclysm.

Azarathal

Is it as geeky and pointless as I imagine it to be in my head? Not trolling as such, just considering the fans who sit painting those weird little figurine things and go to oconventions dressed up as characters. Seems a bit... y'know

warcraft-costumes.jpg

... to me.

You're thinking of Warhammer, Not Warcraft, I think.

Warcraft players don't have time to sit and paint figures, they've noobs to pwn and whatnot

Is it as geeky and pointless as I imagine it to be in my head? Not trolling as such, just considering the fans who sit painting those weird little figurine things and go to conventions dressed up as characters. Seems a bit... y'know

warcraft-costumes.jpg

... to me.

Why is this any less valid than riding a bike? It's all quite arbitrary what ends up being "cool" and "acceptable". It's like the way bmx riders often look down on trials riders in that sense or the way that most action sports look down on rollerblading.

Why is this any less valid than riding a bike? It's all quite arbitrary what ends up being "cool" and "acceptable". It's like the way bmx riders often look down on trials riders in that sense or the way that most action sports look down on rollerblading.

Have you seen those Russian pics Ben?! But seriously, riding a bike: bit of an adrenaline rush, keeps you fit, can occasionally make people go 'ooh, that's cool, how do you do that?', can be likened to Danny Mac. What's depicted in that picture: rather pointless, rather weird and will occasionally make people call the police and or mental asylum.

Very close to 82, nap time! Then all tomorrow back to levelling!!!

Bloody hell how did you manage that?

You're thinking of Warhammer, Not Warcraft, I think.

Warcraft players don't have time to sit and paint figures, they've noobs to pwn and whatnot

I also do Warhammer. It involves alot of mind work. Its basicaly a more complicated version of chess.

Have you seen those Russian pics Ben?! But seriously, riding a bike: bit of an adrenaline rush, keeps you fit, can occasionally make people go 'ooh, that's cool, how do you do that?', can be likened to Danny Mac. What's depicted in that picture: rather pointless, rather weird and will occasionally make people call the police and or mental asylum.

Not really pointless. Its enjoyable and lets people escape from the world for abit. Also you meet alot of people through it. Is it really any weirder then people riding bikes with no seats and hoping on walls? Also Im sure a fair few riders have had the police called on them and people to think that they're no all there in the head.

Russian pics I didn't get :giggle:

But still, can you appreciate that the basis from which you judge, your preconceptions if you will, follow from what is essentially dicatated to you in a complex of implicit and explicit ways from the social setting in which you develop? In that sense, it's easy to miss the natural worth of something (ones enjoyment in whatever activity) behind the judgements that you make about what's acceptable. Doesn't it make sense to understand it in reasoned terms of, it makes them happy, it's just as random as the stuff I do, and my not understanding or appreciating has no real impact of what it means to others? I've been consistently judge by the public for riding trials, particularly in the sense of my age (I'm approaching 30) but them doing it is pointless because it's about my enjoyment and fulfilment based on my pecularities (term meant not in the negative sense :P ). I'm just trying to point out the natural randomness and relativity of so much of what we do but the way we normalise certrain things and forget that they are just as random as the stuff we haven't normalised.

Gah, I hate that I always go on about this sort of stuff but it seems important in terms of a sane world to point out such things. Unless, of course, I'm massively confused and talking nonsense >_<

I played from 1am on release night (login servers were down) to about 4:30ish, up again at 7am today, played untill noon and then from 7pm-now (2:38am) and I'm only 1/3 through 82.

If I wasn't spending time with my gf then I'd be nearly 84 by now. Also, playing on a pvp server where its 2-3 alliance vs 50+ horde at every quest hub is slowing me down considerably :l

A horde guild already has 25members at 85 and is already raiding, f**king nolifes xD

I played from 1am on release night (login servers were down) to about 4:30ish, up again at 7am today, played untill noon and then from 7pm-now (2:38am) and I'm only 1/3 through 82.

If I wasn't spending time with my gf then I'd be nearly 84 by now. Also, playing on a pvp server where its 2-3 alliance vs 50+ horde at every quest hub is slowing me down considerably :l

A horde guild already has 25members at 85 and is already raiding, f**king nolifes xD

Got it at 2am tonight half way to 81 finsing this quite easy..

We did 65 hours, 10 hour break and raided the next day to get server firsts at the release of WOTLK, hardly hard but, just need to be sad enough to do it.

Edit: All in all about 3 1/2 days to complete Naxx from release.

Edited by Willy