Ffw Vs Free Hub.

alex-trials-boy

Im straight.

You could also use trouser clips instead of elastic bands, and then you can still be straight.

And if your skinny jeans are getting caught in your freewheel, you're doing it wrong. And they're cheaper than trackies, or you're still doing it wrong.

Edited by Ninja Manatee

The reduced wear thing is absolute balls.

Well it's not, with a fixed front cog you will always have a few teeth (3-4) that will be taking the majority of load during normal moves. These few teeth will always wear faster than any teeth on a front freewheel. Whether or not it makes a massive difference is one thing, but it will make a difference.

Roadies alternate 3 chains throughout the life of their sprockets to ensure even and matched wear on each component. They simply last longer that way.

The reduced wear thing is absolute balls.

I've always had rear freehub, and have always liked it. I hate the idea of a fw being threaded on and pretty much impossible to remove. Splines = win.

Hello to tensile freewheels! I specifically chose them for the reason they use a trusted and readily available tool to remove,vice and a length of sturdy pipe see's it right off!

And thats why you wear skinny jeans? :giggle: joking. Whats wrong with trousers into socks?

Agreed! how can you be straight wearing your little sisters jeans.

Anyways, if you ride left foot forward you dont have a problem with munching jeans :)

Edited by Franksx2005

Anyways, if you ride left foot forward you dont have a problem with munching jeans :)

Negative, I got stuck twice even thought the above was true,

If you can get a CK cheap that works really well, then do it. If not then fork out the readies for a decent FFW setup and be happy you've done the best thing possible

Negative, I got stuck twice even thought the above was true,

If you can get a CK cheap that works really well, then do it. If not then fork out the readies for a decent FFW setup and be happy you've done the best thing possible

Yes i'd only be looking for a second hand king only cant afford a new one :P but even still a second hand bmx king hub goes for like £100 still more than a New Sl.

And thats why you wear skinny jeans? :giggle: joking. Whats wrong with trousers into socks?

I ride left foot forward it tends to be when your riding from place to place that they get stuck i find.

y do people go on about the echo sl when its crap they split and generally f'#@K up tensile 96 is the toughiest one out other than that trial tech 108 last longer than sl with the same click

The echo sl is the best freewheel out there, never heard a bad thing about it but the tensile and trialtech are not ones to be called bombproof for skips.

This is ironic coming from me, but seriously learn your facts properly before you say all that with the attitude you wrote it with.

Kieran.

Edited by Kieran Morrison

y do people go on about the echo sl when its crap they split and generally f'#@K up tensile 96 is the toughiest one out other than that trial tech 108 last longer than sl with the same click

Is today opposite day or something?

If it is, then I agree with what you just said.

To be honest you're all rite I think I'll get rid of my current tensile 60 and get and echo sl or ti or tryall 108 out of interest the ti and the sl what's the difference other than what it's made from? More/less reliable ect???

I used to be a diehard freehub guy. Mainly Hope and Hadley. But I bought a Ti Echo SL FW and don't think I'll be looking back. The Ti SL replaced a Try-all 108.9 and was a HUGE, HUGE improvement. The 108.9 was clicking and popping more and more and from everybody I've talked to, is pretty common. Also, the SL is far stiffer.

As for the using them for street. I think it's funny how people say "don't use FFW for street because the chain always spins." Funny thing is, 99% of these people saying that, they're feet never come off the bike unless they're bailing, and at most doing crank flips.

FFW is fine for street unless you're doing whips or grinds, and again, 99% of the people don't grind and if they do, they have a bash and are typically grabbing the back brake anyways (the wheel stops spinning). Most people think of all the reasons why not to, but 99% of the time, those situations don't apply to them and/or they're riding ability doesn't warrant it.

Edited by rupintart