Echo Sl Brake

SamKidney

Hi all,

To get to the point I'm fed up of buying new lever bodys for my Hs33 and have been looking at the Echo SL as a replacement after my last maggie breakage.

Its not the performance I'm after but the CNC construction is definatley appealing, (I ride TGS and I bail frequently)

I love how they look and think I would benefit form its overall stronger construction.

Does anyone know of any flaws in this brake

The 2010 model

Out of the ones we've sold, we haven't had any e-mails/calls from people complaining about them. A few went to Japan (I think), Danny Mac (namedrop!) had one of them and Ali had one too. I know Ali's not used his for a while as he's on a fully standard Hex build at the moment, so again, couldn't really say.

I've been running two SL brakes for almost half a year now and their performance is great. They feel completely different to Maguras, the lever feedback is a bit like in a disc brake. Mine also survived a stack after which I'm pretty sure a Maggie lever body would just break in half. So despite looking very delicate and small (they're a lot smaller than they look in the pics), they're actually a solid product.

edit: this is for the new SL brake with Ti bolts and a red TPA.

Edited by Greetings

Joe Seddon (onza team rider) is running one on his new proto stock and really likes it.

Having played around on his bike for a good while yesterday i can say i definitely say i like the feel of it. Also like the positioning of the TPA - it can be adjusted 'on the fly' which is nice.