2010 / 2011 Snow Watch!

JT!

Heathrow has a plane take off or land roughly once every 45 seconds, you can't really compare it with Scottish airports. If it suddenly snows at Heathrow and the runway is unusable for just say 15minutes the backlog caused is enormous. This is why it causes so much chaos.

SO why does it cause so much chaos on roads too and not just airports, just saying Scotland copes better even though more snow and we have less equipment less money and less people i know about the equipment cause i fix them. Englands get all new trucks, buses, council vehicles and after 4 years use they ship them to us and i fix them cause there done in replace engines/gearboxes thats most of the cases (ie ex london )

The last few weeks i drove 4 cars out of 2.5foot of snow stuck in, dug 3 cars out and shoveled 2 streets and also my car park and jump started 2 cars Any of yous done that??????????

Then why not

Getting stuck and shoveling for 2-3 hours a day was routine for a while at home and keepcar park space clear so i dont have to abandon my car on main road and then gritter/ploughs cant get down thats what happened here still a fw lying

thats why yous go in a state of panic, We all chip in ,salt, shovel, blanket, water some food all in boot of my car its not just down to councils to clear roads we should all do our bit AND I wouldnt have to put tv on and here is about snow in england again wouldall be fine

The last few weeks i drove 4 cars out of 2.5foot of snow stuck in, dug 3 cars out and shoveled 2 streets and also my car park and jump started 2 cars Any of yous done that??????????

Hero!

I'd rather just ride my little bike to work every morning, ride it back again at 5pm and then hole myself up in the blissful, warm bubble of my room and not care about all the idiots getting themselves stuck to be perfectly honest.

Edited by Max Quinn

SO why does it cause so much chaos on roads too and not just airports, just saying Scotland copes better even though more snow and we have less equipment less money and less people i know about the equipment cause i fix them. Englands get all new trucks, buses, council vehicles and after 4 years use they ship them to us and i fix them cause there done in replace engines/gearboxes thats most of the cases (ie ex london )

Then why not

Getting stuck and shoveling for 2-3 hours a day was routine for a while at home and keepcar park space clear so i dont have to abandon my car on main road and then gritter/ploughs cant get down thats what happened here still a fw lying

thats why yous go in a state of panic, We all chip in ,salt, shovel, blanket, water some food all in boot of my car its not just down to councils to clear roads we should all do our bit AND I wouldnt have to put tv on and here is about snow in england again wouldall be fine

I was merely explaining why Heathrow is a lot harder to run than say Glasgow airport, whilst Glasgow can get by with less equipment Heathrow simply can't, it's a massive operation, and people wouldn't be happy if plane ticket prices suddenly skyrocketed to pay for loads more machines for the few days a year this happens. The chaos on the roads are down to incompetent drivers and lack of preparation. Also the sheer volume of traffic is far higher than that in Scotland so that's another issue you have to take into account, ie more people to get stuck in the first place and more incompetent people to cause the issues in the first place.

Well played on shovelling and shiz though.

Hero!

I'd rather just ride my little bike to work every morning, ride it back again at 5pm and then hole myself up in the blissful, warm bubble of my room and not care about all the idiots getting themselves stuck to be perfectly honest.

+1 people that are idiotic to think a renault clio will get them to work 5 miles away in 2ft of snow dont deserve to be dug out. they put others lives at risk

I swear the grit only works down to about -5 and has to be mushed in by cars driving over it for it to be fully effective.

I've not got stuck yet, though I have rescued a few people. My main issue is getting my own car to warm up properly, the heater stays cold for a good 15 miles, think I might stuff some cardboard in front of the radiator to get it to heat up a bit quicker.

Just leave it running for abit before you go?

The interesting thing is, the white snow reflects the suns light. So when you get total snow coverage over 100% of the country, the temp plummets because there's less heat from the sun effecting the temperature. And then because it's so cold, the snow stays longer.

I was merely explaining why Heathrow is a lot harder to run than say Glasgow airport, whilst Glasgow can get by with less equipment Heathrow simply can't, it's a massive operation, and people wouldn't be happy if plane ticket prices suddenly skyrocketed to pay for loads more machines for the few days a year this happens. The chaos on the roads are down to incompetent drivers and lack of preparation. Also the sheer volume of traffic is far higher than that in Scotland so that's another issue you have to take into account, ie more people to get stuck in the first place and more incompetent people to cause the issues in the first place.

Well played on shovelling and shiz though.

Yea very true mate just need more effort i think and i am sick of hearing england this that snow on tv thats why the rant.

Well the snow was level with number plate and another 1.5 ft fell after that when i dug it out lol

I shovelled my wee heart out the days off, i dug my space and kept it off main road and cleared roads to get about. I have a 1 year old girl and need about ie nursary/work shops i wont get stuck in, every time i went out someone else would block road and he/she wheel spin like mad and get stuck and slide into parked cars i said get out i will do it and get it going again or they brake down and toe them away .

On main roads there were parked car BOTH sides. Side streets wernt passable so only single track roads on main, then someone else would come other way,what to do, we look at each other and decide either to reverse all the way back or plough into 3 or 4 foot wall of snow/ ice left at side of road. Trees were falling due to snow stuck on branches and fell on car was epic and i had blisters on hands good times . Diesel froze 2nd year running (-20 at one point) scarry when it cuts out and on single track road no where to go now 3-4 inches of snow a breeze to drive

I spent 3 hours to get my passat from my car park to main road just digging and then dug a space just off main road to still be mobile.One day i came back and some one STOLE myspace was ragging a total of 5 hours digging over a week keeping that space clear so i could get in and out. This all sound alot but most people i know done the same as me so get digging. the M8 up here got hit bad and closed with vehicles still on it overnight madness then it opened and was hard ice all over it and was like a rally, really bumpy off road feeling or going slow was like a pimp my ride car up down up down up down smillar to speed bumps on a motor way lol

if yous get a few feet of snow really good luck!!!!!!

so everyone in the street is clearing the snow from there door steps etc, but i hate people like the following, our neighbour down the road apparently had a bit of snow slide of there roof so they came up to ask dad if he could clear it especially for them when he was doing some soveling in the street, he did that with protest and came back 5 mins later and said it was a tiny amount and the same amount of snow as we all had. the thing that annoys me is that they are younger and fitter than dad and they just cant be assed with it so boss someone else to do there solveling and make it seem so bad.......... apparently it was scary to watch a bit of snow slide of there roof. people these days!

Edited by trials owns

so everyone in the street is clearing the snow from there door steps etc, but i hate people like the following, our neighbour down the road apparently had a bit of snow slide of there roof so they came up to ask dad if he could clear it especially for them when he was doing some soveling in the street, he did that with protest and came back 5 mins later and said it was a tiny amount and the same amount of snow as we all had. the thing that annoys me is that they are younger and fitter than dad and they just cant be assed with it so boss someone else to do there solveling and make it seem so bad.......... apparently it was scary to watch a bit of snow slide of there roof. people these days!

Break one of their windows, then they'll stop worrying about the roof and get some perspective!!

my bro and I took a walk up the river today and he took some pics on his phone

this is a mill pond frozen over enough for my bro and I to stand and jump on it, good job it was strong as it's about 6ft deep.

6zt4sx.jpg

Some waterfall completely frozen

2s17jsy.jpg

iiccee

2nb7n03.jpg

jp77so.jpg

28tvxhx.jpg

most people die because they are either idiots and just wander on without testing or to try and save their dog which has already gone through the ice. I went on with extreme caution testing before every foot was planted, it was also a small bit of water compared with most lakes people usually die in. But yeah, I wouldn't recommend anyone follow my actions.