Starting Street Trials.

Kieran Morrison

Alright, I'm going to give street trials a go, but I am totaly clueless on the moves to learn first except for the obvious trackstand which i mastered during the time i was doing TGS.

So some good easy moves and possibly a video on how to do them would be great.

Cheers

Yesss Kieran your finally moving up in the world and found out tgs gets very boring :giggle: Pump your tires up so there pretty hard and the bike rolls better as that can help with manuals and 180s and that :) Just start bunnyhoping up stuff instead of gapping and try doing like 180s and that of them :)

First of all you'll need to buy my Inspired! :P

Seriously though, as has been said, there are a few moves which are the basis for more streety stuff but it mainly comes down to your imagination! Watch some Ali C videos and Danny Mac of course and have fun! A lot of it comes down to looking for lines and trying to keep your riding flowing wiht momentum rather than stop-start with static moves.

yeah, flow is key. Learn to use whats around to keep speed, learn to hop stuff without pedaling, there's nothing worse than a bitch crank where it's not needed (this included going into spins). i't will also help to learn to spin the correct way. Trials can be a b*****d to a rider for spins as it often makes riders spin in the un-natural direction. If you are right foot forward, you spin to the left and so on.

It will also help if you can avoid using the brakes and try not to hop where not needed. Once you have these sorted, go out and let your imagination go wild

there's nothing worse than a bitch crank where it's not needed (this included going into spins)

I always feels guilty when I use one for 360s :(

Force yourself to session one spot, spending hours at the same spot thinging of different things to do helped me.

And curbs, if you can do a lot of different moves and variations on a curb it makes it easier thinking of stuff when you a really good riding place.

Yesss Kieran your finally moving up in the world and found out tgs gets very boring :giggle: Pump your tires up so there pretty hard and the bike rolls better as that can help with manuals and 180s and that :) Just start bunnyhoping up stuff instead of gapping and try doing like 180s and that of them :)

do you not do TGS anymore?

You got to teach me how to manual when you get up im pretty shocking at them lol.

I'll try all the stuff Revolver said, seem like fairly basic moves. As for watching Danny Mac, I did watch him but then i found that pretty much every move he does looks really hard.

wicked videos,

i am trying to learn trials around bristol,

seem to have got the track stand sorted, i can get my front wheel on top of bins, benches and walls and hold my balance but thats all i can do. (only been out 4 or 5 times after work, but it gets bloody cold and dark past 5) What should i concentrate on to progress?

cheers

james

yeah, flow is key. Learn to use whats around to keep speed, learn to hop stuff without pedaling, there's nothing worse than a bitch crank where it's not needed (this included going into spins). i't will also help to learn to spin the correct way. Trials can be a b*****d to a rider for spins as it often makes riders spin in the un-natural direction. If you are right foot forward, you spin to the left and so on.

It will also help if you can avoid using the brakes and try not to hop where not needed. Once you have these sorted, go out and let your imagination go wild

Hah, I'm right foot forward, but spin "naturally" to the right....always been that way. Oddly enough, I pivot "naturally" the other direction. I still suck at street/bmx though, so I guess it doesn't really give me any sort of leg-up, hahaha.

Edited by rupintart

I have to say this, those guys are some of the least flowing "streety" street riders I have seen. The guy at the end had the most style, but he still did horrible "English style" 360s (just a flat spin, not a bunnyhop). I recken they need to take their brakes off for a few months, they would be beasts if they did!

• Like 1

I have to say this, those guys are some of the least flowing "streety" street riders I have seen. The guy at the end had the most style, but he still did horrible "English style" 360s (just a flat spin, not a bunnyhop). I recken they need to take their brakes off for a few months, they would be beasts if they did!

Most of the time it seemed like they didn't know where they were going on the lines and just making it up as they went along still amazing riding though, your right they should take their brakes off.