Onza Zoot

t-comp-kierz

I am thinking of getting the Onza Zoot and I was just wondering would I be able to put pegs on it? As I would mainly be riding park. Are the vee's on them any good or would it worth changing to double disk? Is they're anything I would need to upgrade? Would I need to change the bar and stem combe as Im only 5ft 8 ?

the rear axle on the zoot is a nutted one by the looks of things so you could BUT the would be flexy and possibly bend them. If your riding park i would advise against discs to be honest they,ll get f**ked up quick! For the riding you will be doing i'd go for a smaller rear sprocket and possibly a shorter stem prehaps a 70x35 or 90x25 seem to be popular choices amongst street hooligans!

You'd have to do a fair bit of filing on the fork dropouts to get it flush to run a peg on there. Front axle would probably be alright with pegs, but I really wouldn't want to run one on the rear. Even a 'proper' 10mm axle is seen as being too thin for the back on a BMX, so an even thinner bolt = bad news!

As has been said though, to make it more skatepark friendly get a shorter/higher stem and a smaller rear sprocket and you're good to go.

So you didn't buy the Inspired?

Zoots are cool, the rear hub is a non-sealed with cup and cones which are veeeeeery annoying. As for the vee, you might aswell buy a SD7 for the rear, beats the onza vee, its nice and cheap and saves you using evo mounts. (unless you want to use evo's).

Correction. The rear hub on the standard Zoot is SEALED bearing.

Mine arrived yesterday so had a wee spin around on it in the evening at the skate park. As has been said I wouldn't suggest putting pegs on it, the axles really don't look like they are up to the task. I've bent a few BMX axles that look a lot beefier than those.

The brakes on them are fine, I don't see the need to upgrade them any time soon. They feel solid and hold pretty well with the pads that came on it. A bit of time spent setting them up properly and you will be supirsed how nice they feel.

The Bar and stem combo on them isn't too bad, stem could be a little higher but thats being overally picky. I'm 6ft and felt perfectly comfortable on it, if you're a little shorter you could always loose the stacker to get the front down a wee bit, but I reckon you'd be fine.

Overall impression of the bike from yesterday is really good, I'm very impressed with how solid and quality it feels considering the price. It felt perfectly at home pumping round the skate park, while still feeling comfortable when it turns into a pogo stick. For a 24", the weight is really good, to the extent that I was amazed how light it felt when riding it.

For a 24", the weight is really good, to the extent that I was amazed how light it felt when riding it.

That's something that a lot of people seem to forget in the quest for uber lightweight stuff - things can 'ride light' even if they aren't actually light. Nice geometry on frames, bars, stems, etc. can do more to make your bike feel good than saving a few g's here and there.

Bigman's Zoot felt really nice too, although the standard stem came off that before it even left the workstand so it's not really a fair 'test' as such.