Inspired Hex Or Fourplay Team?

Greetings

I've been meaning to get myself an Inspired for some time and now when the new range has been released the time feels right.

I'm very biased between the Hex and the Fourplay Team. For one, this is a street bike so a rear rim brake is a massive no-go for me. On the other hand I'm not sold on 24" bikes.

I don't really know what I want to do on this bike, probably just experiment and have fun. The main thing I'd like to avoid is ending up riding trials on an Inspired which I can see happen with the Hex, due to the nature of the rear brake (yeah, sounds silly).

In the past I've had some experience with Inspired Fourplays and although I found the riding position to be rather unusual, the bike itself was quite addicting. The new Fourplay has a different frame geometry so I can't go with my past experiences.

Who here has ridden both these bikes and could help a bit?

I'm almost 5 ft 9 and i don't like riding street on a 26''. For MTBing it's no trouble but i've always felt 26'' wheels on street for my height is cumbersome....this is why i ride an Inspired Fourplay, which fits my every need.

I ride less and less 'traditional' trials and more street, flowing stuff with trials moves mixed in. For this i consider the Fourplay to be perfection. Depends on your height perhaps........

In the past I've had some experience with Inspired Fourplays and although I found the riding position to be rather unusual

I always found that 99% of Inspired owners had the bars too low, or with too long a stem. You'll need some high rise bars (like the Trialtech ones), an 80-90mm stem with a good 20degree rise and a spacer or two.

Not so much the same for the later frames with lower BB though.

Is there actually any difference in flickyness betwen a 24" and 26" bike ? I'm surprised that one would choose the wheel size depending on how tall one is.

I always found that 99% of Inspired owners had the bars too low, or with too long a stem. You'll need some high rise bars (like the Trialtech ones), an 80-90mm stem with a good 20degree rise and a spacer or two.

The last one I tried was a full out of the box 09/'10 Pro spec with a Race stem, wouldn't that have been a 90mm? It felt pretty good but still slightly unusual. What's your opinion on these two bikes Adam?

I'm 6ft 1 and I feel super comfortable on the fourplay.

I can't comment on the hex specifically but I always used to ride 26 and for me making the switch from 26 to 24 was the best thing I ever did.

How tall are you?

And also, as Adam said it's all about the bar and stem. I've ridden some peoples fourplays and hated them! But mine I love. Jump on a few and try them out is the best way forward.

24 is definitely flickier.

I don't really know what I want to do on this bike, probably just experiment and have fun. The main thing I'd like to avoid is ending up riding trials on an Inspired which I can see happen with the Hex, due to the nature of the rear brake (yeah, sounds silly).

This happend to me on my Inspired Fourplay. Ended up with chopping of brake mounts, never had soo much fun on a bike!

Which of these bikes would be easier to bunnyhop?

I haven't owned an Inspired but my 24" had exactly the same geo on paper as a Fourplay. It was definitely harder to bunnyhop compared to all the short stock bikes I had used over the years. But then it was also easy to spin and throw around and more fun to ride in general.

Sorry to topic jack but i have 1 small question that doesnt warrant a seperate thread will a 44mm echo TR rim fit into the element frame spaced at 95mm?

The rim will, but your tyre/brake might not :P

What's the rest of the setup likely to be sir? A 44mm rim is awfully wide for something like the Element really, so if it won't fit you won't be doing any harm by dropping the rim width a tad (Y)