Muslim Protesters...

Borat

So what about all the brits that migrate to different countries? I'm sure some of those other countries feel the same way about us 'immigrating into their country'.

Why,did we go to rome and piss on the vatican or go to mecca and draw a big picture of a cock on it?no,about the worst i know is we drink to much,mildly piss people off and get arrested.we dont go to a country,have them pay for our living and accomodation and repeatedly disrespect them,this is the latest in a long list of vile acts,the protests in wooten basset were going to far,this is just disgraceful and as for all the do gooders on here saying this is bigoted and racist,when things like this are done in the name of religion then yeah,the whole lot will be considered,perhaps the muslim community should grow a pair and do something about it.and i agree with the guy who was bullied and suffered it to then hear its crap and made up because they play the race card.its cowardly.how about we stop worrying about people being offended because these people are taking the piss. If people dont like it,go back where you came from or else accept our way of life,your an uninvited guest who chose to come here,we've enough trouble of our own,we dont need yours to. Whilst i agree equality and fairness is important the balance isn't there,your average white male will always be considered last if there are similarly qualified ethnic people because the government put there ridiculous diversity targets on work forces and working in a government run organisation i'm plenty qualified to make this statement. This wasn't meant to be a rant so sorry if it sounds like one but people accusing someone of being a racist because they are angry at a group of people who happen to be muslim,a religion not native to this country,disrespect a tradition which must be nearly a hundred years old now which honours their friends and family who have suffered or died to protect us all,no matter how you look at it

I'm personally under the belief of having some respect for the people in the country you're living in. People who give their lives in the name of freedom should be respected, allowing such a disgrace to happen on this day is absolutely shameful. This country is far too Politically Correct and now people expect it.

When they put forward planning for this protest they should have declined it and if no planning was involved the police should have disbanded them due to disturbing the peace, quite literally. I saw a mum get arrested in loughborough the other day for shouting at her kid then shouting at the police officers for interfering. If that's disturbing the peace then how the hell is burning poppies and shouting for soldiers to die through megaphones not? Especially given that they did it through a nationwide act of silence in remembrance of the fallen.

I blame the government and councils for not taking a firmer stand on these sort of things. Aggressive demonstrations intended to cause anger should not be permitted, regardless of who is involved.

Someone should explain to them the meaning of the phrase "don't bite the hand that feeds you", though if the daily fail are involved it would probably be "don't bite the hand that feeds you, homes you, gives you £30,000+ a year for being a jobless immigrant and allows you to get away with murder".

I find it funny how many people are happy to get on their high horse about it, yet no-one has actually done anything except complain and 'blame the government'. Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning what they did by any stretch of the imagination, but if it means that much to you ride that big high horse over to these extremists and let them know how you feel.

If everyone who bitched and moaned about these events actually took some action, the events wouldn't happen. Guaranteed.

I find it funny how many people are happy to get on their high horse about it, yet no-one has actually done anything except complain and 'blame the government'. Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning what they did by any stretch of the imagination, but if it means that much to you ride that big high horse over to these extremists and let them know how you feel.

If everyone who bitched and moaned about these events actually took some action, the events wouldn't happen. Guaranteed.

Walking up to a bunch of extremists burning flags and shouting for people to die would be fairly daunting to most people and would most likely lead to a situation where people get hurt. Hardly a responsible approach is it?

What should be done is inform your local council on your views or even the relevant council for the area in which it happened. Not going to guarantee a response but if enough people do it, then it should and it's far more sensible than what you're proposing.

Also, kinda presumptuous to tell me i should get off my high horse about it if i'm not going to do anything before asking if i actually had?

Walking up to a bunch of extremists burning flags and shouting for people to die would be fairly daunting to most people and would most likely lead to a situation where people get hurt. Hardly a responsible approach is it?

What should be done is inform your local council on your views or even the relevant council for the area in which it happened. Not going to guarantee a response but if enough people do it, then it should and it's far more sensible than what you're proposing.

Also, kinda presumptuous to tell me i should get off my high horse about it if i'm not going to do anything before asking if i actually had?

Am I wrong?

Yes, walking up to extremists would be daunting to most people. I get that. These actions didn't start with people burning flags though - they test the water with smaller protests and we let them do it, then they keep dipping their toes further in until we decide that's too far - by which time it's too late. I'm not targeting you individually, you just happened to say the things which piss me off most about the British complaining culture. I love this country, which is why I'm happy to go tell protesters in Croydon to go f**k themselves, rather than walk by and blame anyone and everyone I can think of.

Am I wrong?

Yes, walking up to extremists would be daunting to most people. I get that. These actions didn't start with people burning flags though - they test the water with smaller protests and we let them do it, then they keep dipping their toes further in until we decide that's too far - by which time it's too late. I'm not targeting you individually, you just happened to say the things which piss me off most about the British complaining culture. I love this country, which is why I'm happy to go tell protesters in Croydon to go f**k themselves, rather than walk by and blame anyone and everyone I can think of.

EDL (Y)

Am I wrong?

Principally, no. Means, yes.

What are you expecting of me then aside from voicing my opinion? Going back in time and travelling 100 odd miles to go and tell them in person or act appropriately now the issue has been brought to the attention of everyone who wasn't in the area at the time?

Principally, no. Means, yes.

What are you expecting of me then aside from voicing my opinion? Going back in time and travelling 100 odd miles to go and tell them in person or act appropriately now the issue has been brought to the attention of everyone who wasn't in the area at the time?

As I said, I'm not targeting you individually. There are people for whom the distance wasn't 100 odd miles, who also did f**k all except blame it on the government or whoever else. As I said, I'm just raising my views based on what you said not what you as an individual have or haven't done.

If I'm honest, I don't reckon you'd have done anything if this protest was on your doorstep. I say that because you leapt on the 'blame someone else' bandwagon on here, and I feel that anyone who did that either 1) doesn't believe it to be their responsibility or 2) doesn't have the cajones to do anything about it. This doesn't make you a minority, by far. I'm aware that most people would get back in their shell if this happened near them, but that doesn't mean they should.

I'd say you hold an overly romantic (ignorant) notion of Britian and "what it does". What we actually do is go to other countries and decimate them (Iraq for example?) for, ultimately, our gain. These have often been muslim countries. Sadam was once our ally, even when he was doing the bad things which we later used to justify invading him for. It was only when he wouldn't tow the line in a sense that impacted on economic benefit. We used to supply weapons to both Iran and Iraq in their war. We helped overthrow a democratically elected and relatively benign Iran leader (I think in the 60s) and install an extremely harsh dictator. The there's the UN security sanctions of Iraq from '92 - '98 which killed, I think either 0.5 - 1 million children. Britian supported these sanctions which stopped basic supplies such as medicene and food going to Iraq. This of course was after we destroyed their infrastructure (hospitals, schools, water facilities, power stations, and so on) in the first Iraq invasion. The list goes and it constitutes a great irony with our "war on terror" in the sense that we are a terrorist state. Lots of people have a great deal of cause to be angry with us. And I mean all of us who support the actions of our state through the lazy and selfish ignorance and/or inaction to stop what's happening.

If I'm honest, I don't reckon you'd have done anything if this protest was on your doorstep. I say that because you leapt on the 'blame someone else' bandwagon on here, and I feel that anyone who did that either 1) doesn't believe it to be their responsibility or 2) doesn't have the cajones to do anything about it. This doesn't make you a minority, by far. I'm aware that most people would get back in their shell if this happened near them, but that doesn't mean they should.

Having never met me that's again, mightily presumptuous. However, you seem to think your own method is the only acceptable one. Fighting aggression with more aggression will only ever lead to hatred.

As a citizen of this country i feel it is my responsibility and i'd be inclined to believe i've done more about it than you.

I'm personally under the belief of having some respect for the people in the country you're living in. People who give their lives in the name of freedom should be respected, allowing such a disgrace to happen on this day is absolutely shameful. This country is far too Politically Correct and now people expect it.

When they put forward planning for this protest they should have declined it and if no planning was involved the police should have disbanded them due to disturbing the peace, quite literally. I saw a mum get arrested in loughborough the other day for shouting at her kid then shouting at the police officers for interfering. If that's disturbing the peace then how the hell is burning poppies and shouting for soldiers to die through megaphones not? Especially given that they did it through a nationwide act of silence in remembrance of the fallen.

I blame the government and councils for not taking a firmer stand on these sort of things. Aggressive demonstrations intended to cause anger should not be permitted, regardless of who is involved.

Someone should explain to them the meaning of the phrase "don't bite the hand that feeds you", though if the daily fail are involved it would probably be "don't bite the hand that feeds you, homes you, gives you £30,000+ a year for being a jobless immigrant and allows you to get away with murder".

I have to disagree with you here despite my agreement at the fair degree of folly the Muslims had in their approach to protesting. There is a valid point to a kind of protest with regard to rememberance day though. This is in the sense that it's used to to romanticise the always noble actions of service men and women. What follows from doing so is the logical deduction that anything our service men and women are engaged in can only be of the same noble nature - the thinking then continues that if our service people are so great it's not possible that they could be involved in state terror and thus our state can only act in line with these qualities. Otherwise it's like trying to get Ghandi to rob a bank, in a sense. If you hold the view that opposes this, that they are often an extension for the imperialistic wants of our government, then this form of propaganda is worth indicating because what is revealed by doing so is far more important than rememberance day in the sense that people will continue to die for very bad reasons.

Also denying protesting in general is very dangerous. Unless it can be shown that there is a very real risk of violence the curtailing the right to protest denies a very important, and unforunately much underused at present, democratic process. We have to put up with the religious fools of this sort in order to protect that process because it's more important than inhibiting the offence which they cause.

Finally I'm unsure of your "hand that feeds them" statement. If these individuals are working like anybody else and are citizens they have a right to criticise the state of things just like everybody else. This is something which is very important for us to do but we're all usually too busy enjoying pleasures to do much about anything that considers or even helps other people.

Edited by Ben Rowlands
  • Like 2

These people are protesting what our soldiers have done ect. But what about the atrosities the soviets inflicted on the muslim people of Afghanistan during the 70's? Do you see them burning flags in Red square? Do you f**k. Cos the Russians would not tollerate it in the slightest. But were so PC now were seen as an easy touch.

Having never met me that's again, mightily presumptuous. However, you seem to think your own method is the only acceptable one. Fighting aggression with more aggression will only ever lead to hatred.

As a citizen of this country i feel it is my responsibility and i'd be inclined to believe i've done more about it than you.

Assuming that I would fight aggression with aggression is both presumptuous and hypocritical of you, so lets try to leave the assumptions and presumptions out of the equation for a bit eh?

What I am talking about doing is engaging with these people head on - when they see the culture that they are protesting against as people with personalities and physical attributes rather than a newsreel, they at least get the chance to know what they are talking about. I wanna hear their side (we've clearly pissed them off, and I want to know why. First hand.) but I also want to tell them mine. Unfortunately, when I've tried that in the past (many times, which f**ks that inclination of yours up) it's like talking to a very angry brick wall, so I end up telling them to go f**k themselves instead.

No government would be able to do more, or less, than is being done now. It's down to people. People buy from people, people like people. If everyone stops hiding behind religions, patriotism and assumptions then everyone might have a chance of understanding a little better.

Assuming that I would fight aggression with aggression is both presumptuous and hypocritical of you, so lets try to leave the assumptions and presumptions out of the equation for a bit eh?

What I am talking about doing is engaging with these people head on - when they see the culture that they are protesting against as people with personalities and physical attributes rather than a newsreel, they at least get the chance to know what they are talking about. I wanna hear their side (we've clearly pissed them off, and I want to know why. First hand.) but I also want to tell them mine. Unfortunately, when I've tried that in the past (many times, which f**ks that inclination of yours up) it's like talking to a very angry brick wall, so I end up telling them to go f**k themselves instead.

No government would be able to do more, or less, than is being done now. It's down to people. People buy from people, people like people. If everyone stops hiding behind religions, patriotism and assumptions then everyone might have a chance of understanding a little better.

jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg?1248715819

Did you know?

Bonus subject - Immigration -

Britain is an ageing country. This means we have more elderly people than young people, a trend which is only getting worse.

This is because many couples are choosing to only have one child.

Immigrants are required because their tradition is to have many children.

Immigrants are required to prevent our country from dying out in the future.

Dispite this, we are still facing an ageing population.

Pro tip #1 - Have 3 children.

Pro tip #2 - Shut up about immigration, it's absolutely necessary.

• Like 1

Engaging with someone head on does not mean aggression. It means talking to them face to face, and not about them on a forum. These talks begin as nicely as is possible, on my part. Invariably, personal attacks end up coming towards me and letting go of a 'go f**k yourself' is a hell of a lot less aggressive than the situation would warrant, or that I'd like to do.

Hide behind your facepalm as much as you like. We're talking about your theory versus my practical knowledge here. It's like you're telling the Wright brothers that flight isn't possible - as it turns out, the plane takes off.

I have to disagree with you here despite my agreement at the fair degree of folly the Muslims had in their approach to protesting. There is a valid point to a kind of protest with regard to rememberance day though. This is in the sense that it's used to to romanticise the always noble actions of service men and women. What follows from doing so is the logical deduction that anything our service men and women are engaged in can only be of the same noble nature - the thinking then continues that if our service people are so great it's not possible that they could be involved in state terror and thus our state can only act in line with these qualities. Otherwise it's like trying to get Ghandi to rob a bank, in a sense. If you hold the view that opposes this, that they are often an extension for the imperialistic wants of our government, then this form of propaganda is worth indicating because what is revealed by doing so is far more important than rememberance day in the sense that people will continue to die for very bad reasons.

Also denying protesting in general is very dangerous. Unless it can be shown that there is a very real risk of violence the curtailing the right to protest denies a very important, and unforunately much underused at present, democratic process. We have to put up with the religious fools of this sort in order to protect that process because it's more important than inhibiting the offence which they cause.

Finally I'm unsure of your "hand that feeds them" statement. If these individuals are working like anybody else and are citizens they have a right to criticise the state of things just like everybody else. This is something which is very important for us to do but we're all usually too busy enjoying pleasures to do much about anything that considers or even helps other people.

These people went to war and lost their lives, they should be remembered for that. That's what i've always been led to believe remembrance day is all about. That they gave the ultimate sacrifice.

I never said deny all protesting, but aggressive protesting. Holding signs citing that people should die should not be tolerated, regardless of who does it.

The biting the hand that feeds them comment refers to them living in britain, protesting about british soldiers needing to die. If they have a problem with what is being done they should be taking it up in a respectful and dignified manner.

Someone I was talking to at work said - deport immigrants who commit crimes.

I think this is a sensible idea - this is a step towards treating people on an individual basis.

She said that one man stole from the supermarket I work at, and he said his reason was 'If I steal from you and get caught, it will get me a council house quicker.'

The downside is a higher potential for illigal immigrants. The upside to that is, if they get caught then you don't even have to faff around taking them to court, they're already breaking the law.