What The Hex Is Going On Here?

Filo

hey guys.

thought id post up some pics of my Inspired Hex,freshly built today

A massive thanks to Tim @ Expressive bikes. He is one of the best shops to deal with. Always fantastic service,quick email replies and really quick shipping, Tim is an all around nice guy, which is why i continue to shop there.

http://www.expressivebikes.com/

Tim was lucky enough to be one of the first dealers to get his hands on the much awaited Inspired Hex and new 4plays.

Check website for pictures

Spec:

Inspired Hex frame

Inspired fork

trialtech rims

trialtech hubs

trialtech bars

system x stem

trialtech cranks

MG1 pedals

Inspired 23t bashie

trialtech 23t sprocket

trialtech sping tensioner

Echo SL freewheel mounted on hub

KHE seat

FSA pig headset(need new bottom race for king)

DMR transion tires

Edited by Filo

ha...i was waiting for the first privet hex pic / video to come out

bike look greet. riding looks fun

damm i wont this frame so mach!!!!

how does it full comperd to ather normal 26 street frame.or to a fourplay?

whit a minut !! is that whait frame on the left is an old echo pure???

Edited by alanczik

thanks for the comments guys.

glad you like my video.

hard to compare the inspired to other frames.

for street riding i think the frame is perfect,the reach is fantastic for bunny hops,the bike spins really good,super easy.

yes the white frame is an old pure,id been riding that for a while before the hex,got similar chainstays but the inspired reach is shorter and hops and feels better for this style of riding. I think alis imput on the geo was fantastic, i feel the geo is spot on for what the bikes designed for.props to inspired.

the Hex feels very similar to a fourplay,i know because i had a fourplay for a year or so,i had to sell it because i found it hard swapping between the 24 and 26. mainly due to the 26 being a long frame and a complete differnet riding style. thats why i got the pure and now the hex.it feels fine swapping betwwen bikes. my trials bike has similar bb,and cs as the hex its just the reach and bar position.

build quality of the hex is amazing,just the little things like not painting were rear hub bolts up is a nice touch,the bb isnt full of paint and the head tube with no paint. i highly recomend the hex for people who want a streety trials set up.

my kitten wasnt taking a dumb,he just likes to sit on the grass and watch things,hes a little strange but cool.

• Like 1

it does look cool i love the grey colour of the frame the build sounds pretty sweet too. I guess there isnt really a frame to compare it to. Other than the Rockman switch.

you could compare to the old pure,the one i used to ride has similar reach and chainstays just the lower bb. the hex is really nice to ride.

I think alis imput on the geo was fantastic, i feel the geo is spot on for what the bikes designed for.props to inspired..

Thanks man, nice to have feedback from other riders! I know Inspired were a little bit scared of the geo changes I asked for, but it's looking like its paying off.

Looking forward to your next vid too.

you could compare to the old pure,the one i used to ride has similar reach and chainstays just the lower bb. the hex is really nice to ride.

hey filo

i ride an an old ashton justice and i love it.. but im thinking on the hex as the next level

do you have any experiance with the old ashton maybe?

funny i had an echo es4r .5 years ago...i just remember it was fun antil it crack

Edited by alanczik

I definitely prefer riding Ali's bike with the shorter rear end. I couldn't ride it at all before, but now it feels as nice and spinny (and manual-y, if that's a word :P) as my 24, which is definitely a good thing :) Makes it feel a lot better on the back wheel too for more trialsy moves.

Out of interest, why the longer stays? I can't think of any benefit.

then you could have gone straight to 380s :P na, i think they bunnyhop better ( i have read - you can handle the "new" geo better, I´m with you on the higher bb for making bunnhops nicer also...), maybe due to more leverage ( i liked my 400 stays on the HiTec and Syntace quite a lot); and i don´t need it for the trialsy moves - this bike is supposed to be an antagonist to my hydroxx, so when I`m tired of sidehops and frontwheelgaps i can go out and bunnyhop over things... no need to sell me on the bike anyway - Thomas already did (although he has the 390, +10 i think)!

Edited by wimmeretz

yeah he does, and he wanted to go longer and lower, which is why Inspired were scared when I wanted the exact opposite lol.

Longer and lower makes it more stable for going in a straight line, I wanted it to be more modern and to handle bmx style riding better, something that is more nervous and twitchy.

380mm would be nice, but there has to be a comprimise somewhere

yeah he does, and he wanted to go longer and lower, which is why Inspired were scared when I wanted the exact opposite lol.

Longer and lower makes it more stable for going in a straight line, I wanted it to be more modern and to handle bmx style riding better, something that is more nervous and twitchy.

380mm would be nice, but there has to be a comprimise somewhere

i think the new change in geo was for the best. the higher bb is a must. it make bunny hops so much easyier. i must say it would be awsome with 380 stays, i think the 385 is good for brakeless it just give a bit more stability and stops loop outs.

All that aside,the frames are fantastic and ride so good,handle some abuse.

Good work Ali

just need to get onto making inspired forks that dont bend. Maybe the same as the current ones out of 4130?

mine bennt in the legs just where they are curve for tire clearence.

edit- i know the tires are heavy,they work good at the park and street,when i got trials riding i swap to a set of knobbly tires. best part with the tires is they have good pinch resistance. i dont care about the weight to much its still around 10.5kg.

Edited by Filo