Raw Bike

mikkelT

hi im riding a echo gu le, and i was thinking about removing the paint, since it i'sent nice to look at Anymore. the ide was that it would be just raw steel finish. and i was wondering if its poseble to do whit the rest of the bike (stem, fork, rims, handlebars) and the just leave stuf like hubs, cranks, and headset be the same color.

hi im riding a echo gu le, and i was thinking about removing the paint, since it i'sent nice to look at Anymore. the ide was that it would be just raw steel finish. and i was wondering if its poseble to do whit the rest of the bike (stem, fork, rims, handlebars) and the just leave stuf like hubs, cranks, and headset be the same color.

The gu le is an aluminium frame so it wont be raw steel finish.

Yes it is very possible.

It's possible yes, but a lot of bars/stems are shot peened IIRC, a surface treatment which is more difficult to remove. If you have moderately expensive trials bars/stem, chances are they'll be straight anodised which should come off easily in a sodium hydroxide bath.