Has Is Come To This?

Pushbikerider13

Has trials riding turned into such a sport where you have to get 5 other people who are already involved in the sport to vote you in to be a member of a forum so you can share your passion for riding with other people?

I do a lot of dirt jumping in the summer and never have I been told that I can't ride at a spot unless 5 other people say I can.

I thought the whole idea of forums was to spread the word an meet new people who are passionate about the same things as each other.

Has trials riding become a special club?

Feel free to expand your thoughts on this topic but remember that I am not here for a arguement. I just have a passion for the sport and worry about the direction it is going in.

• Like 1

Its mostly to try and help prevent people getting through to the main forum who TyPe Lke DiZ and post spam/ try and scam members out of money in the For sale section. Your post looks good just post a few more like that and you will be through in no time. Its a lot easier now when I joined it took me months to get through to full members.

+1 vote from me.

Has trials riding turned into such a sport where you have to get 5 other people who are already involved in the sport to vote you in to be a member of a forum so you can share your passion for riding with other people?

I do a lot of dirt jumping in the summer and never have I been told that I can't ride at a spot unless 5 other people say I can.

I thought the whole idea of forums was to spread the word an meet new people who are passionate about the same things as each other.

Has trials riding become a special club?

Feel free to expand your thoughts on this topic but remember that I am not here for a arguement. I just have a passion for the sport and worry about the direction it is going in.

Have you read the forum guidelines??

The 5 votes aren't so you can be a trials rider or go out riding, it's so the rest of us on the forum know your not a cock who's gonna spam all over the forum, give members loads of abuse or scam people out of money/parts in the for sale section then completely dissapear only to return under a different username.

You can still share your passion for riding in the new members chat section and feel free to check out when group rides are happening and tag along, and when you've made some good posts which show your interest in the sport, give good advice or ask for good advice people will soon enough vote you into the full section.

The forum isn't being discriminatory, just trying to keep the board free of adverts and general wankers (not aimed at yourself)!

Hope this is what your were looking for?!

• Like 1

Ahh welcome on board Tillson!

Now get another trials bike and come ride Reading.

Oh yeah and a vote from me, need to get you back trials riding again so I can show you what you have been missing and stop you taking the p*** out of me for riding it

So the quicker you get in the better!!

Edited by Brettoll

I pesonally agree with the origional post. The validation system does come across as "you can't join our club unless we say so". I'm sure the reason it is in place does work 90% of the time, stopping people spamming and what not, but I frequently see full members using txt talk, bad spelling, punctuation and grammar which are also reasons for the system to be in place.

I frequently see full members using txt talk, bad spelling, punctuation and grammar which are also reasons for the system to be in place.

Full members do get devalidated. Quite a few people did last week.

Having this system in place reduces the amount of spam on the forum, reduces the risk of getting scammed by people, and generally helps keep things running smoothly. You're still able to view the main fourm and you're still able to post in here, so it's not 'stopping' you from spreading the word. To use your words, it "came to this" 5 years ago (if not a little more) and there are still more people joining every day, new content being added every day, etc.

I love it how it's just the pre-members who are moaning :P

It isn't a moan, it's a critisism. It's not like I'm being rude in my comments, and I am giving reasons for my opinions too. If somone wants to vote to validate me, that's great, if not thats cool too. I get all I want out of this site as a pre-member.

Full members do get devalidated. Quite a few people did last week.

Fair play, I was unaware this was the case. But can I ask why there is the need for a thread specifically for people to debate problems with buying/selling? One of the things validation is here to eliminate.

It isn't a moan, it's a critisism. It's not like I'm being rude in my comments, and I am giving reasons for my opinions too. If somone wants to vote to validate me, that's great, if not thats cool too. I get all I want out of this site as a pre-member.

Fair play, I was unaware this was the case. But can I ask why there is the need for a thread specifically for people to debate problems with buying/selling? One of the things validation is here to eliminate.

Because being validated doesn't 100% stop scammers and people who fail to comply within a reasonable time limit.

You do not become a drone under TF control when validated, but there'd be a hell of a lot less dispute threads if anybody could trade here

So how do you figure out who is going to be a troublesome trader before they trade?

You can't... The fact is that if everyone was allowed to come onto the board and trade straight away, we'd get alot of people trading shit, scammers etc as there is no control over it. not many people go to the effort of posting good posts and then waiting till they get validated with the sole purpose of scamming someone.

People who put effort into their posts and don't type like a retard are also statistically 89% more likely to put effort into going to the post office ontime and sending that star fangled nut you've been waiting for.

People who put effort into their posts and don't type like a retard are also statistically 89% more likely to put effort into going to the post office ontime and sending that star fangled nut you've been waiting for.

That's an interesting statistic :S

You don't..

It's like eBay. Or anything infact. A gamble.

So in terms of validation stopping scammers, it doesn't?

Whats funny about this topic starter is that he's spent his whole time here moaning about the validation system. Ironically, he posts really well and seems pretty intelligent. I've voted for many many people who put together worse posts. Yet, I am not going to hit that button because he's moaning.

Here's a tip: Talk about trials with the same level of writing and intelligence you already are and you'll get through. It's really f**king simple. People get through on one single post pretty regularly because they put one trials related, well written post up. Simple.

Whats funny about this topic starter is that he's spent his whole time here moaning about the validation system. Ironically, he posts really well and seems pretty intelligent. I've voted for many many people who put together worse posts. Yet, I am not going to hit that button because he's moaning.

Here's a tip: Talk about trials with the same level of writing and intelligence you already are and you'll get through. It's really f**king simple. People get through on one single post pretty regularly because they put one trials related, well written post up. Simple.

Clearly you have not read my previous posts as I have already said I'm not too fussed about being validated or not as I get all I want out of this forum as a pre-member. I am simply pointing out several downfalls in the validation theory in that it does not eliminate scamming, spamming or text talk, which is what it is in place to do.