Designing New Parts

AlexxRogers

Mass produced? I'm not saying its a bad idea and it has no potential just as you said, you have no experience, no tools, no resources, and no engineering expertise. And your planning on mass producing forks to solve a problem which doesn't really exist? The only way you really bend a front disk is on a rock if your a natural bum boy, having it on the other side won't make it any better. And if your that concerned about hitting your disk anyway, just get a magura, its not like their aren't existing solutions to the problem that you fabricated.

Look at some of Alex Darks products he has offered the forum before (although he has the skills and the resources to make the products) if you follow the kinda shit he's doing you might actually sell something. The small company's like Fresh products and carbonique did well before because they found something every rider would want and then made them. I don't think that the trials world is crying out for a disk protector, LHD, or right side braking disks.

This is all constructive criticism in a concise manner btw,

Just because I can't do it, doesn't mean I don't know people who can, does it? It has potential if I want it to, if I follow through with it, it will happen.

The problem does exist though... I never said it would make it any better, did I? I said it'd be out the way if you side hop left.

I don't wan't to go front magura, I've just come from it. I went disc because I wanted modulation, and a quiet way to stop when riding place to place.

I hit my disc loads, not just on rocks, quite frequently on walls

Oh there are existing solutions? Not from where I'm sitting.

How do you know I wouldn't sell anything anyway? Didn't realise you could see the future.

So if any of my ideas got offered to you, you wouldn't take it? Fine, that's your opinion, but that's not to say, others wouldn't.

That's your thoughts, not everyone's, some people would buy them, if they were on the market offered to them.

Just because I can't do it, doesn't mean I don't know people who can, does it? It has potential if I want it to, if I follow through with it, it will happen.

The problem does exist though... I never said it would make it any better, did I? I said it'd be out the way if you side hop left.

I don't wan't to go front magura, I've just come from it. I went disc because I wanted modulation, and a quiet way to stop when riding place to place.

How do you know I wouldn't sell anything anyway? Didn't realise you could see the future.

So if any of my ideas got offered to you, you wouldn't take it? Fine, that's your opinion, but that's not to say, others wouldn't.

That's your thoughts, not everyone's, some people would buy them, if they were on the market offered to them.

Simps gave you his opinion (in a well written succinct manner) which is what you asked for.

If you're convinced it would sell, get one of your contacts to make one, post it up here, show Tartybikes, ask if they want to stock them etc.

Don't ask for opinions then get all defensive when someone says they dont think it's gonna be the next big thing.

Always a good idea to completely ignore the market you're aiming to cater for :rolleyes:

Simps isn't the only one here who's said it's probably not viable. It is absolutely possible that you could be right, but you have to think that so far not one (I think, without re-reading the thread) person has said that it's a great idea. Trials is a niche sport, so for a product to be a success you'd need a good percentage of people to want it to get anywhere. To ask people to change so many parts to solve a problem which doesn't really exist would cost them a lot of money. Too many people would choose to replace a disc every now and again rather than change a load of bits.

It's not just aesthetic, if you run a post mount style brake (avid with the post adapter etc) then all that is holding the brake from normal rotational forces are the threads in the mount and on the bolts.

I was more on about IS but that's a very good point seeing as things are starting to move over to post mount (why!?)

Don't think the issue would be too bad with an IS mount and to be honest i'd trust Pashley/ Tim all day long on it being an alright idea.

Still, where's the need? I've run 200's front and rear and never bent them that much to warrant an entire re-design of a bike, and yes i did fall off lots.