Speed Race Fans / Rockman Maladie Feedback!

dannytrialskid

Hello,

Being as my Onza Skull frame has snapped today I obviously need a new frame.

If all goes well with Tartybikes tomorrow I can get a frame for the same price as Onza Skull for free as I have been told by a few people that they do this as my bike is still under warranty.

The Speed Race FANS is £50 more and I will pay the £50 extra if worth it.

Same goes with the Rockman Maladie, it is the same price as the Speed Race FANS.

Which would you go for the Maladie or the FANS?

What are the pro's and con's of these frames?

Any prone things that happen to them other than obviously snapping?

Speed Race FANS - http://tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?product_id=11081&category_id=36

Rockman Maladie - http://tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?product_id=10930&category_id=36

Link to my Snapped Frame topic for if you wish to see - http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=155555&pid=2178769&st=0&#entry2178769

Thanks,

Danny.

Edited by dannytrialskid

dont get rockman whatever you do, if you break that they take forever to sort it for you, they dont give you a new frame at the end of it, they bodge it up and it takes like 3 months for them to do something about it, end of the day i would go for speedrace :), you could also get a cheaper frame than the onza and a new set of forks or bars, something to make up for the cost of your skull, good luck :)

Lol speedrace is a con!

Ah, I love it when people change sponsors. It really brings out the best in people.

Adam's FANS is sweet, and the FANS 26" that Ali built up was rad too. All the other ones we've sent out have been totally fine too. I don't know if something's changed with their other models or anything like that, but the frames we've received so far have been pretty awesome.

Ah, I love it when people change sponsors. It really brings out the best in people.

Adam's FANS is sweet, and the FANS 26" that Ali built up was rad too. All the other ones we've sent out have been totally fine too. I don't know if something's changed with their other models or anything like that, but the frames we've received so far have been pretty awesome.

The frame is lush, but what bout the no bash plate thing, not right.

To quantify that a bit - it's not a great place to suddenly whack on a load of weight (something lightweight like the Echo SL bashplate is still 120g-ish, then the weight of the frame mounts too - compared to, for the same price, a Trialtech ti half ring which is 17g), they put a lot of stress on frames when they get used, they reduce clearance for certain moves and on super light frames when you've got a thin downtube and then a bashplate mount welded into the middle of it with a bashplate then getting pushed into that too it's just asking for trouble.

When you change to a bashring it sort of feels a bit different at first if you're used to using your plate a lot, but you soon realise that a lot of the time it's not an issue at all. The weight saved and durability gained definitely make up for it.

When you change to a bashring it sort of feels a bit different at first if you're used to using your plate a lot, but you soon realise that a lot of the time it's not an issue at all. The weight saved and durability gained definitely make up for it.

I 100% agree with you Matt

And go for the Fans or Onza 320, if you don't like the colour scheme, polish it. ^_^

Both of frames are good!

I prefer Rockman..Rockman frames are the same as Koxx -for comp style. lightweight ,looks similar BUT 10 times stronger ;)

I am riding with rockman aurem for about 5-6 months..best frame I had ever had and I am tested a lot of frames :)

And if you use rear maggie--I think best choice for you will be AKALI ;)

Cheers

Good to know thanks, thinking of the Rockman Alkali at the moment.

Would of got the Manus, but it's disk only.

Would of got the Aurem 3, but it's only in Champagne, which I don't understand why?

Aurem 3 is only disc frame..the same problem as Manus for You ;)

Get Akali ;)