Onza Skull Frame Snapped!

dannytrialskid

Hello,

A good start to the day getting all the GCSE's that I needed to get into college.

I thought let's go for a victory ride!

NO! Wrong Decision!

I have been told by 3 or 4 people that the Onza Skull will snap very quickly and they told me where it would snap. Guess what it did.

Shame they dent tell me before I bought it otherwise I could of got a different frame.

Here is the result of my gapping to rear and snapping.

mv0m88.jpg

23r8knd.jpg

x39ueh.jpg

r0urza.jpg

Edited by dannytrialskid

That is harsh, how long you had it for?

Will you be able to get it replaced by onza?

Bought from Tartybikes and is still under warranty so I guess from them?

very unlucky, did it happen on a drop?

Yeah gap to rear.

Thats where they all go, a pinhole forms in the bash mount and cracks through the downtube, and the toptube is made weaker by the hose cut out, so they don't tend to last too long, at least its still on warranty mate (Y)

Exactly that!

Did it originate from a crack was it a straight snap? (un-luck mate) hope limey 20's dont snap.

There were NO dents and NO cracks. Clean snap.

I still dont know what frame to get.

My mum rang tarty today whilst I was at college and they said that I have to send Tarty the frame, they then send my frame to Onza which look at the frame to make sure that I havent abused it etc.., which I haven't I always look for dents and cracks before I ride and there weren't any.

When Onza decide, and if they decide that I will get a new frame for the same price as the Onza Skull they then send Tarty bikes a new Onza Skull frame, and then Tarty will let me choose what frame I want.

Hopefully all goes well, not sure how long it will take though :(

Stupid idea in the middle of frame made hole for brake hose :D

When it's broken at the top of the bashplate mount? more than likely it snapped from the bottom rather than a little hole which is in the toptube. It will also be a smooth hole rather than one with sharp edges.

It'll 100% have cracked before it snapped 'cos it basically can't physically go from being 'fine' to 'in half' any other way. With all that tyre on there it'd be pretty tricky to notice though!

Nah, I always check. I swing it round, because it is on loose, swing it round to top to check then swing back.

best tell me mate about this he is running a skull now but only because Onza is only trial frames my sponsor can get and i didint want him to have an ice like me. ha i will be keeping an eye on his frame lol

The thing is, is that mine didn't crack or dent!

It just snapped straight! - I really don't understand?

The thing is, is that mine didn't crack or dent!

It just snapped straight! - I really don't understand?

It will have been cracked, but sometimes they are not easy to see, also it could have cracked that morning and with that (bad) frame design it would take much for that crack to rapidly grow