My Monty 219 Alp So Far...

sandeeebeach219

Hey, this is my Monty 219 Alp so far.

Started out with a sketchy 2nd hand bike from ebay, and i think I've made it better.

Monty 219 Alp frame

Bashplate

Monty Bars

Rear Magura HS33

Front V brake

Monty tyres

Monty forks

Monty exclusive design rear wheel

Try All/Because front wheel Gold/Red

Next up, I'm buying Echo SL forks so I can put my Hayes Stroker Ryde disc brake on the front

Then I'm going to change to a front freewheel with a Rockman freewheel/Trialtech fixed sprocket/trialtech forged cranks.

New Frame - Can't decide between Zoo Lynx and Echo lite 09

Rear wheel

Finally, little bits and bobs like Echo TR pedals (cant decide between caged or platform), Echo TR bars, Neon Bow headset, Tyres (cant decide which ones) and Try All lock on grips.

Anyone got any comment/suggestions as to what i should get? (disc brake? frame? rear wheel? pedals?)

Thanks

post-26782-019254100 1280743300_thumb.jp

Then I'm going to change to a front freewheel with a Rockman freewheel/Trialtech fixed sprocket/trialtech forged cranks.

Good plan, but from what i have heard, the rockman freewheels aren't that good. I would go for the Tensile freehweel or Echo TR or Echo Sl, as i have only heard good things about them.

I would go for the Tensile freehweel or Echo TR or Echo Sl, as i have only heard good things about them.

I have a tensile there the only ones i've used, and i've broken 3 in a matter of months, my current one i've just broken has lasted me 3 months. Go for the echo SL.

Edited by Laurence--Trials

I have a tensile there the only ones i've used, and i've broken 3 in a matter of months, my current one i've just broken has lasted me 3 months. Go for the echo SL.

On TartyBikes, the Rockman freewheel has the same spec. as the echo sl, but is over £10 cheaper.

What is wrong with getting the Rockman?

Thanks

Well you sir are doing something wrong. I've rode with tensiles all my trials biking time. And never broken one of them. Clean it out every now and again.

Personally i think that tensile is the way to go mate cause you can replace all the internal parts. E.g - Bearings, Paws and Springs. Where as with other competorers don't offer replacment parts for there freewheels.

Tensile have both 60 click and 96 click on the market. I'm currently using a 96click and had a few teething problems admitibly when i first got this although i am now running it with very thin lubrication oil in it. Instead of grease. It sounds amazing on a whole and offers really good pick up. 60click is there famous previous freewheel. Which is very well known in the trials world. Alot of people still use these i believe. Due to there relabitiy.

Any freewheel can be great mate. You just have to service it once in a while.

Well you sir are doing something wrong. I've rode with tensiles all my trials biking time. And never broken one of them. Clean it out every now and again.

Personally i think that tensile is the way to go mate cause you can replace all the internal parts. E.g - Bearings, Paws and Springs. Where as with other competorers don't offer replacment parts for there freewheels.

Tensile have both 60 click and 96 click on the market. I'm currently using a 96click and had a few teething problems admitibly when i first got this although i am now running it with very thin lubrication oil in it. Instead of grease. It sounds amazing on a whole and offers really good pick up. 60click is there famous previous freewheel. Which is very well known in the trials world. Alot of people still use these i believe. Due to there relabitiy.

Any freewheel can be great mate. You just have to service it once in a while.

So you think the Rockman freewheel is ok to get? because it is the same as echo sl just a tenner cheaper?

Any comments?

what is different about them like?

108 click, 9 pawl, 18T which is what i want, and rockman is 4grams heavier

Not much different to me it seems :unsure:<_<

I personally would opt for the tensile over the rockman as i've never had a problem with mine. But many people seem to think the Echo TR and Echo SL are the best ones out there these days.