Need Your Help!

Luke_zoo

Hey All,

Right first off, I stoped riding trials as my frame snaped (again) so I went back to bmx and now been thinking to build my old school frame back up, But I want it street/trials/skate park so theres trials and bmx to do too, Ive got the onza 2002 T-rex frame gold and black.

Would like your help on parts and links from Tartybikes! so it rides nice and not gash.

Was thinking to go duel disc rather then duel maggie....

Here is a photo of my frame :).

dsc0990469.jpg

So yeah I need everything to build the beast up.

Cheers,

Luke.

Instead of buying all new parts, why not just buy a 24" brand new and sell that frame, as it looks like its in good condition.

getting a 24" is the best thing for you, since you like bmx/street/trials sorta thing. Onza zoot is a good choice, they are really nice.

Had the frame since I first rode trials and thats going back like 5years or so! so never wanan get rid lol love it too much.

dont buy new if money isnt on your side...

you can get really good second hand bikes that are better than buying new

Money ant a problem for me.

I started on one of those. Awsome. Watch out for the back end twisting though!

You want to get a shortish high stem, high rise bars for the streety parky stuff. Make it into a bunnyhop machine. Front and back discs maybe but personally i'd go rim brakes so no broken rotors when your throwing bike around. You might want a hardish gear ratio so you can get some speed going. Maybe run two sprockets on the back, one trials, one for speed. Err what else...You can actually run 24" can't you because the maggie mounts have a lower down bit. Never seen it done though, be interesting to see as seen as the chainstays are supershort so technically it shoudn't feel too bad. (I dunno).

Edited by Stanners

I started on one of those. Awsome. Watch out for the back end twisting though!

You want to get a shortish high stem, high rise bars for the streety parky stuff. Make it into a bunnyhop machine. Front and back discs maybe but personally i'd go rim brakes so no broken rotors when your throwing bike around. You might want a hardish gear ratio so you can get some speed going. Maybe run two sprockets on the back, one trials, one for speed. Err what else...You can actually run 24" can't you because the maggie mounts have a lower down bit. Never seen it done though, be interesting to see as seen as the chainstays are supershort so technically it shoudn't feel too bad. (I dunno).

Yeah its happend a few times with the back end ha ha! and yes can run it with 24inch wheels as can move the breke up or down shame i snaped the forks :(

If money is not a problem, then buy a new 24" because they are a good all round bike for street/bmxx/trials.

Im thinking about getting the 2010 Zoot, but its gonna take be along time to get the money.

Not keen on the new 24's so would rather build my old beast up.