Scottish Club

kevind

Any advance on the lift?

Hi Yoshi,

If you can get yourself down to Longniddry station at a early time around 8am ish then I can pick you up. I dont have the time to come into Edinburgh on the Saturday. I am sure we can get someone to give you a lift back later on or if not I will when we are tidyed up.

Kevin

Hi Yoshi,

If you can get yourself down to Longniddry station at a early time around 8am ish then I can pick you up. I dont have the time to come into Edinburgh on the Saturday. I am sure we can get someone to give you a lift back later on or if not I will when we are tidyed up.

Kevin

Will give you a a shout nearer the time once i work out train times and things.

Hi Guys,

Had a good day on Saturday setting out. My thanks to Ross and Rab for there help and advice with the sections. We have nine in total, six indoors and three outdoors. I would like to get first man/girl away by ten so if you can all be down before for sign/scrutineering it would be great. Remember helmets and/or parents if you are under 18.

Kevin

Hey guys and gals,

We are hoping for a good attendance at this event. The sections are looking good so far.

I'm sure it will be a positive learning curve for the younger riders.

As for the Elites, I set out the sections, lets gert it awn!! (We might be better with a BMX for the indoor routes eh Kevin :P)

sounds good, ive been getting abit of practise in doing sections rather than just one or two lines :) sure i'll be alright on my 24"?

Of course.

There will be plenty of advice on how to negotiate the sections from the more experienced comp riders, such as when to tactfully dab and when to keep on/off the brakes.

Hi Guys,

spent sometime on it last night, marked out rest of sections in barn bar one. yellow road painted the outdoor sections. I have one novice route to finish. Ross re BMX sections I have added a new bit to one of the elite sections so you have to do a 360 backflip to vert lookdown Mcflurry superman but if you air dab on the way round I am afraid it counts as a dab. (just joking!!) Can anyone observe bring an observer. I hopefully have a few but more offers the better.

Kevin

Hey Kev,

Looking forward to this, Towler, Greg and I should all be down from Aberdeen. One thing that doesnt seem to have been mentioned is fees etc for doing the competition!

If you could give some information on what we will need with us etc it would be much appreciated, and is more likely to get the competition up and running quicker.

Ross....tactical dabs should be banned. We should have a rule in the elites that you have to either 5 or clean...

Hey Kev,

Looking forward to this, Towler, Greg and I should all be down from Aberdeen. One thing that doesnt seem to have been mentioned is fees etc for doing the competition!

If you could give some information on what we will need with us etc it would be much appreciated, and is more likely to get the competition up and running quicker.

Ross....tactical dabs should be banned. We should have a rule in the elites that you have to either 5 or clean...

Look at the news section you f**king noob. Its a fiver to enter. Its also all over the national bike trials web site...

5 or clean lol done!

Whos doing elite anyway? You, Towler, Greg, me.....?

Hi Yoshi,

Kevin

If i cant get hold of rab to ask for a lift then i will be taking you up on this offer.

On a side note. Anyone got any contact info for rab?

Hi Guys,

Ben, dont know you yet but I will be more polite than Ross as he says £5!! all going to Phantassie for there new huge INDOOR skate/bmx park that we can use next year. This is just for fun to gauge interest and rider abilities and to get new young riders started in comp. I said if it went well I will start up a club for next year that hopefully with the help of local guys in Glasgow, Aberdeen, Fort william and Inverness and anywhere else we can start a scottish champoinship. Kevin Dignan when I talked to him still had all the stuff from the club up there that he said I could take over as an option. I spoke with my companies web designer yesterday to see if he would do a page for the club at a discount if we need it but we can use this and the other trials site for now. I want Sat to be fun and relaxed and not a full blown do or die comp (we can have that next year). I want feedback and comments from the day as long as they are constructive, good or bad. You will just need to sign on at the big red van and show me your money.

Re tactical dabing, In my opinion it should be allowed as for one point, it allows sections to be hard and then allows the lesser ability riders to get through a section that would in most cases then give them a five. Having fives all day isnt fun ( Iknow I ride motorbike trials!!) It then makes them try to improve so they dont make that tactical dab next lap. Dont hijack this for tactical dabs start up another fro it.

SEE YOU ALL BRIGHT AND EARLY SAT

KEVIN

To all the southern riders. It is just over an hour from Newcastle to the trial. It is advertised on the Bike trial website. NO takers so far, feel a bit of Scottish English rivalry mentioned to get things going. Even have two Geordie observers to even things up!

Edited by kevind