Cracked Hs33 Lever Body

isitafox

Well I robbed my dads dremel and went at it and I think it should be ok, stuck a new lever blade in as well and tightened it up so it doesn't wobble anymore and gave it a water bleed.

Will hopefully get it back on the bike tomorrow and tested, will see what all this water bleed nonsense is about!!

post-24247-056698800 1279376548_thumb.jp

post-24247-019491700 1279376557_thumb.jp

• 1 year later...

thats a really good job (Y) , i have a new 05 maggie and its in good nick would anyone reccomend doing this out right to stop it cracking the lever is fine now no issues but just wondering weather to do it

will see what all this water bleed nonsense is about!!

if your going to run a water bleed at this time of the year i would recommend a bit of antifreeze in with the water, as the temperature has really dropped the past few days and it would be pretty gash if your brake froze up.

love the feel of a water/antifreeze bleed, the lever feel is so much more responsive and they seem to spring back a lot faster in comparison to a system thats been bled with royal blood.

let us know how you get on with it (Y)

will see what all this water bleed nonsense is about!!

if your going to run a water bleed at this time of the year i would recommend a bit of antifreeze in with the water, as the temperature has really dropped the past few days and it would be pretty gash if your brake froze up.

love the feel of a water/antifreeze bleed, the lever feel is so much more responsive and they seem to spring back a lot faster in comparison to a system thats been bled with royal blood.

let us know how you get on with it (Y)

Notice the date in my original post?? No chance of a water bleed freezing in the middle of July!!

Edited by isitafox

Going to be doing this to mine as it's not cracked yet. Might just use a junior hacksaw and go straight across and smooth with some wet and dry paper.

get some pics before during and after just for a TF reference and for me :P

the magura i have is brand new not got a mark ! so i wanna make sure it lasts