Rear Wheel Hops.

jack c

I have been practicing rear wheel hops for a while now and I dont seem to be getting any better at the moment I can put my front wheel on a object and hop but as soon as I try to pull off the wall and hop or hop from the ground I can't keep hopping any tips. :huh:

I have been practicing rear wheel hops for a while now and I dont seem to be getting any better at the moment I can put my front wheel on a object and hop but as soon as I try to pull off the wall and hop or hop from the ground I can't keep hopping any tips. :huh:

Hi, mate.. I have just bought my first trials bike, and the way im doing it is by getting up on the back wheel and trying to hop s many times as i can, the first time i hopped once lol,, now i can hop maybe 5 times,, so im going to practice that untill i can hop as many times as i like.. Then i will try an get the hang of the pedal trick.. try an concentrate on 1 thing at a time, it seems to be working for me ;)

Keep at it mate im sure you will get there in the end.. try an try again practice makes perfect ;))

Just lean back as much as possible, dont be worried about falling off just give it your all. Pull up on the bars and lean far back and just do the second half of a bunny hop and practice track-standing for balance. Make sure you wear a helmet too.

Im not sure whether that was of any help, but if it was then good luck.

Just lean back as much as possible, dont be worried about falling off just give it your all. Pull up on the bars and lean far back and just do the second half of a bunny hop and practice track-standing for balance. Make sure you wear a helmet too.

Im not sure whether that was of any help, but if it was then good luck.

second half of bunnyhop? :huh: no need to do something like bunnyhop in my opinion i dont know bunny hop at al and dont have any problems with rear hops...

but to topic.... its just about practicing...just try it but not like mad....i mean try it few times than go and try something else after that try it again... and first learn to do back hops when oyu master back hoping than try to hop forward back to obstacle... you can also try to pedal kick but its also possible to do with locked brakes...

but the best advice is pracitcing as much as possible t ry different body position etc.

this might also help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRLi1U61u4g

OK Im going to sound real old but I learnt from the Martyns/Martins when they had there video outm get on the back wheel then try pedaling and breaking pedaling and breaking! So I guess like a standing up wheelie, then progress on to the hopping part! Hope this helps

I find it easier to practise (even though i can only do one) to endo and shift your momentum back with both breaks on and then when you are up you can feel the balance point and just work at hitting that balance point and then try hopping afterwards. Also getting good at trackstanding helps!!

Hi, mate.. I have just bought my first trials bike, and the way im doing it is by getting up on the back wheel and trying to hop s many times as i can, the first time i hopped once lol,, now i can hop maybe 5 times,, so im going to practice that untill i can hop as many times as i like.. Then i will try an get the hang of the pedal trick.. try an concentrate on 1 thing at a time, it seems to be working for me ;)

Keep at it mate im sure you will get there in the end.. try an try again practice makes perfect ;))

OK Im going to sound real old but I learnt from the Martyns/Martins when they had there video outm get on the back wheel then try pedaling and breaking pedaling and breaking! So I guess like a standing up wheelie, then progress on to the hopping part! Hope this helps

These are the best tips you'll get to be honest, just keep practicing hopping on the spot until you're comfortable with it and you find your balance.

And the pedalling-braking by the martins on their tricks and stunts vid is probably the best way of learning to pedal hop forwards that I've seen. If you haven't seen the dvd have a search on amazon for it!

These are the best tips you'll get to be honest, just keep practicing hopping on the spot until you're comfortable with it and you find your balance.

And the pedalling-braking by the martins on their tricks and stunts vid is probably the best way of learning to pedal hop forwards that I've seen. If you haven't seen the dvd have a search on amazon for it!

Its got to be one of the best DVDs out there! All though when I had it it was a Video! Try and find it though its worth it! Also the trackstand will set you up for near on every trick you will come to do!

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip.. ill have to have a look for the dvd ;)

I started off by forcing my front tire against a small wall, then gripping my front brake so it stayed there, and balancing on the bike for a bit, before throwing myself backwards and upwards, it worked pretty well because I was able to do it from an endo after an hour-ish, and then it's just practicing to be able to stand on the back wheel, and hop continuously.