Drilling Pressure Points

Maxie_Monty

Really not somewhere to try saving weight. Only thing you could do without compromising reliability is remove any brake mounts you're not using (If it's a disk and V fork and you only use a disk for example) or drill the dropouts if they're plates. Also, as soon as you leave an opening in the paintwork the fork will rust, so it'll need painting after drilling.

You can save way more weight by getting an aluminium fork, but I trust my steel Onza fork a lot more than an aluminium fork, even though I could save almost 400g over the current fork by fitting a trialtech one...

Really not somewhere to try saving weight. Only thing you could do without compromising reliability is remove any brake mounts you're not using (If it's a disk and V fork and you only use a disk for example) or drill the dropouts if they're plates. Also, as soon as you leave an opening in the paintwork the fork will rust, so it'll need painting after drilling.

You can save way more weight by getting an aluminium fork, but I trust my steel Onza fork a lot more than an aluminium fork, even though I could save almost 400g over the current fork by fitting a trialtech one...

Cheers for that, good depth of detail. Wont consider drilling the forks then, but will consider it on my frame which is an 06' T Pro frame, any specific places to drill on the frame? Ive been told the headtube and where the seat post would be on T'vees and T'birds, where they have welded the onza logo over the hole.

Any other suggestions?

He's actually speaking the truth IMO. If you can make the wheels lighter or move the weight towards the middle of the bike, it make it feel far more maneuverable.

But the topic start is asking about drilling some steel Onza forks. Just bin them and get some nice ones. Drilling them will make them lighter, but not half the weight and correct the geometry...