Monty 221Xl Brake Pads

isitafox

I got a white maggie off franksx2005 which has a set of yellow brakes set in maggie backings and I'd love to know what they are!

I'm running them on an Echo TR anodised smooth rim and they're amazing, hold really well and are quite loud, but I've no idea what they actually are. From the looks of them the closest match I can find are the monty 221xl's but I just wanted to see what other people thought of them before I splash out on a couple of sets to make sure they're the right ones I'm after.

Can anyone help?

Nope i beleive yellow pads that are really loud are onza citrus, i had those monty pads, 1. they are pretty rubbish and not loud at all and 2. they are orange.

Hope i helped mate.

Oh just shut up!

No you didn't help, as there are yellow Monty pads. Not just orange!

There are a loud of yellow pads, which all look the same. (Onza Citrus, Heatsink Yellows, Plaz etc etc)

Get your facts right!

They deffo aren't the onza citrus ones as one side is worn more than the other and there's no sign of them having grooves in them like the onza.

Plus it says on tartys that the onza's are fitted in Powerpad backings whilst the montys are in official magura backings

The only orange/yellow pads i know of that have official magura backings are the monty pads., they're not bad if set up correctly with a light grind.

But there are alot better pads out there for the money. such as heatsink yellows.

Of topic a bit, but BORAT stop being a tit and leave the lad alone. He is trying to help out with a genuine question, And doesn't need people like you trying to bring him down.

DEidn't the original plazmatic CRM's come in official magura branded backings? I'm pretty sure that's the reason i bought my first set at the 2004 bike show. Bought them for like a tenner then came on here and found out how good they were. Really wished i'd bought more!

Oh just shut up!

No you didn't help, as there are yellow Monty pads. Not just orange!

There are a loud of yellow pads, which all look the same. (Onza Citrus, Heatsink Yellows, Plaz etc etc)

Get your facts right!

Look, why is it that if i try and help, and get something wrong, i get critisised? Why can't you just correct me?

Ok, i wasn't right, but i had orange monty pads and i though i would at least try and help him out. I bet if it was somebody else saying it you wouldn't tell them to shut up would you? <_<<_<

They deffo aren't the onza citrus ones as one side is worn more than the other and there's no sign of them having grooves in them like the onza.

Plus it says on tartys that the onza's are fitted in Powerpad backings whilst the montys are in official magura backings

Oh, sorry, just tried to help mate.

Ahh, i don't really know what powerpad backings are, whats the difference between them and the standard maggy backings?

Kieran