Ahh The Good Old Days

isitafox

This probably won't apply to anyone under about 25 but can you remember the cool things you used to have on a bike as kids??

I remember my first bike with 5 gears had a yellow smiley face wheel disc on the back, was well cool!

And then there was the Kelloggs rooster reflectors and of course

6d72245b-8e11-4098-890c-ddb5a784439c.jpg

Spokey Dokeys!!!

Edited by isitafox

This probably won't apply to anyone under about 25 but can you remember the cool things you used to have on a bike as kids??

I remember my first bike with 5 gears had a yellow smiley face wheel disc on the back, was well cool!

And then there was the Kelloggs rooster reflectors and of course

spokey_dokey.jpg

Spokey Dokeys!!!

You'll see them on one of those "David Dickinson" shows before long.

Amazing! got any Pogs?

You'll see them on one of those "David Dickinson" shows before long.

Amazing! got any Pogs?

F*****g loads mate!!

Also completed both the original TAZO folder and the special Star Wars edition one!

6679883.jpg

Edited by isitafox

F*****g loads mate!!

Also completed both the original TAZO folder and the special Star Wars edition one!

6679883.jpg

OMFG I have that in my cupboard upstairs somewhere!!!! That brings back so many good memories

Edited by dann2707

F*****g loads mate!!

6679883.jpg

I've got the same, kicking around somewhere. Saving it for 50 years time when it will be an antique!

I've also got a massive tub full of pogs, around 100,000 or so.... Yes I was that sad!

We used to always turn our bikes into motorbikes by putting a flattened Coke can on the back tyre. Used to make a great noise at speed

& back tyres would wear out in no time.

Lolipop sticks in the spokes weren't quite as good but at least the tyre lasted longer that way.

Also once we were old enough to have mountainbikes, Obviously the person with the most gears had the best bike & therefore was by far the coolest kid!

We used to always turn our bikes into motorbikes by putting a flattened Coke can on the back tyre. Used to make a great noise at speed

& back tyres would wear out in no time.

I used to do that, but used the front wheel instead (silly idea looking back). I once rode up to a can (flying along), slammed my front wheel into it and promptly went over the handlebars. Didn't try it again.

I used to do that, but used the front wheel instead (silly idea looking back). I once rode up to a can (flying along), slammed my front wheel into it and promptly went over the handlebars. Didn't try it again.

Similar to that, me and my mate used to have little kids bikes with canti brakes. We figured out that if you loosened the bolt on them in the middle they'd give you more bite (we were about 10 and didn't really know what we were doing, but it felt cool). Obviously, as time goes on they loosen more, as we found out when Dan came hurtling past me in the air when his front brake fell off and caught in the wheel. Oh dear.

GOGO's

Boglins

Popper trousers

the poddington peas

warhammer

the things you could get from Halfords that go on your handle bars, and when you turn them they make revving noises

little foam grips that go over your brake leavers

Same thing i was doing. Wonder how many more of these "antiques" there will be? :P

hahah I've got mine saved too :P full set

And a fashion from the not so old days... putting your train tickets/other random crap in the spokes on your front wheel lol

Edited by mr ailsbury

Spokey dokes, great until you got up a bit of speed! :rolleyes:

I also remember my first bike with gears had gripshift on, Everybody else had regular old shifters. I was like YEAHHHHHH I GOT A SWEEEET GEAR SYSTEM!

Now nobody bothers with it anymore :lol:

I still have a couple of old football sticker albums lying around somewhere, not actually finished so almost worthless really.

The original metal thunderbird 2, still in box.

....wait, wasn't this thread meant to be about bikes? :rolleyes:

I used to have the Kellogg wheel spokey doke things. Used to rattle like shit whenever the wheel moved haha. We used to pretend we had MX bikes instead and jammed a crushed can under the U brake :P

the things you could get from Halfords that go on your handle bars, and when you turn them they make revving noises

I had a batman bike I think it was that had a thing on the handle bars that used to play cool sound effects when I was like 5

I used to have the Kellogg wheel spokey doke things. Used to rattle like shit whenever the wheel moved haha. We used to pretend we had MX bikes instead and jammed a crushed can under the U brake :P

I had a batman bike I think it was that had a thing on the handle bars that used to play cool sound effects when I was like 5

I had one of them, winner