Took Wheel Apart, Now Can't Get Sproket Off Hub!

George.E

I decided to take my wheel apart to give my rim a good spray, I managed to take the spokes off without removing the sproket (which is screw on).

Now my wheel is apart I went to build it but the spokes won't go back on because the sproket is in the way.

Iv tried clamping with chain whip but it won't come off.

Its an Echo TR hub if that helps.

Any suggestions?

Clamp the hub in a vice, wrap the chain whip around it, put a pipe on the chain whip to make it longer and therefore more leverage... take off the sprocket. if it still doesnt move hit the end of the chain whip with a hammer.

re build one side of the wheel and put a high tension on the spokes. I don't know if it'll be strong enough to withstand the force used when removing a sprocket but, worth a try.

But...

If you managed to remove the spokes without taking the sprocket off, I don't see why you can't put them back in, just bend them a little, they'll straighten up.

P.s. The above method, probably won't work.

Edited by totaltrials

Have a clue what your doing before you start.

I hate to say it, but here I go: (edit: "p rick" turns in to "willy") Twat.

'Fraid you'll just have to bend the spokes to get 'em in. Try and make it a big curve though, rather than a small one. The less you can bend them, the better.

Edited by aener