Cracked Zoo Forks

peggysue

so my zoo forks finally gave in tonight with a nice crack across the magura mount and the fork leg,

really want some trialtechs next so was wondering if they suffer from the same issues ? any one cacked any in the same way?

its the stock ones by the way and im also using the neon v adapters with an avid v brake , and im assuming the extra length of the adapters puts more stress on the mounts, if they were to break the same way would using the adapters void and warranty?

cheers

i think thats what everyone is saying about the trialtechs, but i have also heard everyone saying how strong the urbans are, and with a proper v mount i would imagine that area will be stronger due to the dedicated mount.

also they are only 85 quid

urbans are my next move once my kots give up

People have cracked the 4 bolt trialtechs - But they're about the best of the bunch I'd say.

what would you use ....? trialtech 4 bolts with adapters or v specific urbans ? take into account im 18 stone and love front wheel gaps lol

think im going to have a good think about this , when i bought the zoos from tartys i asked what was stronger , the urbans or zoo's and was told the zoo's so paid there and then ....

they have lasted a good 8 months , the last 3 months really taking a hammering though.

id never heard of any trilatechs cracking until now , so just going to mull it over , but please keep your recommendations coming in...ill keep checking back :rolleyes:

If you're hard on forks, then Deng forks from the last few years have all been pretty rubbish. I've broken numerous sets of Urbans and Zoos, all lasting 6-8 weeks. I got 6 months out of my first set of trialtechs which cracked along the cable guide. Dave has removed that guide now and my 2nd set have lasted 8 months so far. In that time I've managed to snap 2 bottom headset cups and a set of bars... trialtech forks are bloody strong!