New Xbox 360 Is Out

TROYston

I got a email off them, and it does look rather buff.

http://image.engage....0640_IMG-09.jpg

What are peoples thoughts ans what not on it? 

Features

Sleek New Design

A bold design and the glossy, black finish mean that the new Xbox 360 looks every bit as good as it performs.

Built-in Wi-Fi

Easily connect to Xbox LIVE, play with friends all over the world, and experience a world of entertainment.**

250GB Hard Drive

The giant hard drive is perfect for downloading and storing HD films, games, game add-ons, music and more.*

Whisper Quiet

The new Xbox 360 runs whisper quiet, allowing you to play games and watch films without interference.

I think its just tried to copy alien-wares case with the side, and the front looks a tad boring, 

but is a massive improvement.

Probably a pointless topic, but these xbox users on here nontheless

if it still plays the same games whats the point, it will be no different to a regular xbox. rather than sit in getting fat and pwning noobs, go out and spend money on having a good time with mates whilst outdoors.

All stuff that should have been on the origional xbox 360, or at least the last update to the console they did.

This ones got the extra bits that you need to use kinect apparently which I also wasn't very impressed with, its just a really advanced EyeToy which once the novelty value runs out for people it'll never get used again.

pro's:

bigger hard drive

wireless

project natal connection

quieter... maybe.

cons:

can't use current xbox hard drives.

looks worse than that bird from rosanne doing a naked pole dance.

to be honest, unless you're going to get natal/kinetic/whatever they are calling it now, there's really no need to buy one of these.

Yea well I mean, the wireless adapter is £35 (or something), not bothered about the hard drive, because I just plug in my TB to watch films and stuff anyway.

The noise is a big problem for me, with the heat it generates.

to be honest, unless you're going to get natal/kinetic/whatever they are calling it now, there's really no need to buy one of these.

They're claiming that natal works with every 360 though, presumably through USB. So it's just a console style update and performance revision really.

Anyway, better information and more pics.

It's just like the PSone, the PS2 slim, the Megadrive II etc etc. It'll have just been redesigned to iron out some of the kinks in the original design (E.g. noise) and take advantage of different component prices. There's no real point in "upgrading", but if you were going to buy one anyway, there's enough new bits and pieces to make it worth waiting for / paying a few quid extra for.

EDIT; why has it not been advertised?

Because it was only officially announced today (or yesterday, or something).

They're claiming that natal works with every 360 though, presumably through USB.

Apparently there's a separate connector for Natal Kinect. It comes with a Y-adapter for the old xboxes but it'll just plug straight into the new ones. Minor difference.

Will it break every 3 months like the previous ones?

No.

The latest chipset which has been out for about a year and been in the now older Xbox called Jasper uses less power and generates less heat so it doesn't have any problems. No doubt this version will have the same improved chipset.

Looks quite nice see no need to change though.

Also on xbox related talk here does any one have a data transfere kit as my xbox died a while ago so i bought an elite and im currently using my old small hard drive. Would we be able to arange a post out use and il post back system?

thanking you.