Lee Shi Ming Riding A 24" The Wrong Way

Davetrials

not saying he shouldn't ride that bike, I just don't see any advantages.

Sorry but I'm going to persevere. What wheel size would come as an advantage to his riding? 26"? Or maybe 20"? This 24" thing is getting beyond ridiculous, just like the people who are behind this whole stree-trials scene. It's socially correct to ride a mod or stock, but you can only ride a 24" "if it gives you an advantage"? f**king hell, it's just 2 inches!!

Personally I think this is all a bit ridiculous, the riding looks pretty damn good to me and if the guy wants to ride a 24" then let him.

If I rode 24" and put a lot of time and effort in to making a video and then people were slating me for riding a bike that I feel comfortable on (regardless or size) then I'd be pretty upset and it's posts like these that put me off bothering to post a video of my own riding on here.

He looks like he's in proportion with the bike anyhow.

Edited by Riley1

you guys are taking some pretty small comments where we did not diss his riding and changing them completely.

he is a good rider, thats obvious no matter what wheel size he's on, I purley thought that that bike had not as many advantages as 26". He gets on with it though and that's fair enough, stop making a mountain out of a molehill.

I just think it's about time 24" bikes started being treated like normal bikes, not something you use for a specific purpose. This "purpose" is some kind of preconcieved notion which has little bearing on reality. It's all getting a bit ridiculous - 20" is for bunnyhops, 24" for spins and 26" for taps. You see somebody doing the wrong moves on the wrong bike and instantly the answer is "get a (insert wheel size / BMX here)".

not saying he shouldn't ride that bike, I just don't see any advantages.

In this case the advantage is that he is a short guy and a 26" would be huge for him. But for his style a mod would fit well. Even the 24" looks big for him.

Beside that, there are some good lines in there.

Edited by Vasil

In this case the advantage is that he is a short guy and a 26" would be huge for him. But for his style a mod would fit well. Even the 24" looks big for him.

Beside that, there are some good lines in there.

Have you seen him on a 26" ? he kills...

He doesnt seem to be doing to badly on the 24 rowan...

Yeah I know, the video shows that you can ride pure trials to a decent standard on that bike I guess, but he is soo much better on a 26" that if he is only doing pure trials on that bike then I kinda dont see the point.

Still a great rider, and a good vid.