24" Tyres

cant_ride

Hey,

I'm trying to figure out what tyres to stick on my new 24 build. I'm going to be riding a bit of everything so I can't decide between light and grippy, or a bit more streety. I've heard good things about the MAXXIS Holy Rollers (I'm on a very low budget by the way £20 each max.) but I'm a bit wary getting 2.4 width. Am I right in thinking there isn't a 2.1 or 2.3 version.

How do people find these? I also love the look of the DMR moto digger but something in the back of my head is telling me not to get them?

Cheers

Oli

Edited by cant_ride

They're supposed to be really good and the Tarty boys seem to be really happy with them. I've been running DMR Moto RT's for years (2.2" front and 2.4" rear) and get on well with them. They don't have much (any?) puncture protection but I don't get much problems and still run relatively low pressures. I've heard fairly good things about Moto Diggers too. Your call really, all much of a muchness in terms of performance and weight I think.

The DMR's are good all rounders, but for trials I wouldn't advise it. They seem to fold quite easily.

Someone recommended some good light ones to me on here, I can't remember what they are though - at £47 a piece I decided to scrap that idea anyway.

I think it's going to be Maxxis. I used to run a 26" DMR moto and it was ace I just wasn't too keen on the look. Not overly fussed about puncture protection.

Cheers guys!

i know its too late but what about kenda k rads ? got them on y dj bike and they role well and give good drip on and off road, prety light aswell, dont know about puntures because i dont run low pressures on my dj bike :P but they good for dj and street if u ask me. also if you ever want near enought pure slicks get the maxxis hook worms, role for ever and good drip in the dry but prety poor in the wet butwhat do you exspect from slicks. if u want slicks go hook works.

The Holy Rollers are a lot better than K-Rads. Stan was running K-Rads while I was running Holy Rollers and mine were way grippier than his tyres. He switched to one Holy Roller and the other K-Rad still slipped a bit, then switched to two Holy Rollers and hasn't looked back. That was pretty much all on natural riding though, so I guess for street it might be a more level playing field. Having said that though, I do prefer the 2.4" size of the Holy Rollers. I've got them front and rear and they're really nice. Really good for carving hard into spins, wallrides and so on, and nice and big to soak up impacts well.

The Holy Rollers are a lot better than K-Rads. Stan was running K-Rads while I was running Holy Rollers and mine were way grippier than his tyres. He switched to one Holy Roller and the other K-Rad still slipped a bit, then switched to two Holy Rollers and hasn't looked back. That was pretty much all on natural riding though, so I guess for street it might be a more level playing field. Having said that though, I do prefer the 2.4" size of the Holy Rollers. I've got them front and rear and they're really nice. Really good for carving hard into spins, wallrides and so on, and nice and big to soak up impacts well.

Sweet cheers buddy! Just placed an order for a pair. All that's left now is tubes and drivetrain and I'm there!

Oli