Buckled :(

modifiedridah2k9

Hey guys,

nothing about my trials but today i was riding my saracen to school and on the way back my mate bashed into it accidently and it is buckled very badly. Me and my mate have just completly battered into the rim but it doesnt seem to get much better,we were kicking it for 10 mins but still badly buckled. So how do i make it completley straight without spending money?

any help is great as it is annoying me so much, if it was my trials bike i would be battering it for hours until it was perfect but thankfully its not lol

cheers, Kieran

Once the rim has bent it's almost impossible to get it running properly straight again. Properly straight would be straight enough that rim brakes work perfectly smoothly on it. If the wheel is a little bit out, but local out of trueness is below half a cm and the overall buckle is spread around the whole wheel it might be savable. Starting at the valve hole (This means that when you get to the valve hole again you've definitely made a full round) loosen all the spokes 2 turns and then see about bending the rim back. Trying to do this with the spokes at full tension will pretty much always make things worse.

Once the rim is straight put one turn of tension back and then see about truing the wheel...

• Like 1