New Mist 26" Frame

Monty Man Sam

At this moment I'm currently speaking with the designer behind MIST's products. He's a good friend of one of my good friends in China. I've asked to change 116mm spacing to 135mm spacing and to add screw-in bolts on the dropouts for snail cam use instead of this current flawed dropout tensioning design which is just a blob of 6061 alu welded in the dropout to 'act' as the bolt head which equals= toothed snail cams ripping and eating through in the long run since 6061 is soft as hell compared to a steel bolt.

Is there any thing else UK riders'd like me to pass onto the Mist designer?

(yes, I've also asked about the possibility of a 20" too) :)

The Mist tensioning system is a direct influence from the Koxx Black Sky's (pictures on everyone's favourite online trials store :turned: ). I still think bolts are better.

Furthermore, he has confirmed the following, referring to any kind of toothed snail cams

Sponge: do you think that a MIST frame can survive these snails?

Mist Trials: NO,i think MIST can't use this

But the only reason 116mm was adopted for this frame is because it seems in China there are apparently not many 135mm rear hubs that have snail cams designed around them? Well, Because for one has a 135 hub with snails, so it's now less of a reason to use 116. The designer himself said he prefers and wanted 135mm.

Edited by Sponge

135mm is definetly better and bolts for snails are in my opinion way to go too. Frame looks mint. Just a question why is the frame is so heavy? Taking in consideration that it has loads of drilled holes in it and carbon top tube.

Haha, sorry, that sounded quite funny when said :P

Indeeed. :). However, I've got to use blunt haggard English to get my point across to a Chinese local. He's a really good friend of one of my good friends in China. Mist are a nice upcoming company and I'm glad to have the privilige (sp?) of being able to speak with the designer on a fairly daily basis online. Cool guy and open minded enough. Their first frame is nice but has flaws. However from first sight I loved it, and that's damn hard to achieve by most stock frames. I'm a fussy customer. Just a tweak here and there and things are good to go. I've made suggestions clear to them, so hopefully the next batch should have these kinks ironed out. Any other suggestions , post up and I'll have a look to see if it's worth a mention to them.

:)

Indeeed. :). However, I've got to use blunt haggard English to get my point across to a Chinese local. He's a really good friend of one of my good friends in China. Mist are a nice upcoming company and I'm glad to have the privilige (sp?) of being able to speak with the designer on a fairly daily basis online. Cool guy and open minded enough. Their first frame is nice but has flaws. However from first sight I loved it, and that's damn hard to achieve by most stock frames. I'm a fussy customer. Just a tweak here and there and things are good to go. I've made suggestions clear to them, so hopefully the next batch should have these kinks ironed out. Any other suggestions , post up and I'll have a look to see if it's worth a mention to them.

:)

Your a lucky man, having a company listen to your every word to design a frame :P