What'S The 'Crack' With Magura'S ?

peggysue

Was wondering what's the deal with newer maguras (05 onwards) cracking at the lever ... I've not owned any newer models yet and currently I'm using the 04 models .... But soon will need a new set .

Is it the lever blades or body that's prone to cracking ? And is there any fix for it ?

Cheers

18611_1_Large.jpg

:wub:

theres a brand new set of raceline maggies at my lbs i can pick up if you wanna rock the oldschool? its the bodies that go, either at the bolt holding the blade in or around where the body clamps the bars

18611_1_Large.jpg

:wub:

theres a brand new set of raceline maggies at my lbs i can pick up if you wanna rock the oldschool? its the bodies that go, either at the bolt holding the blade in or around where the body clamps the bars

ahhhhh i see......... i wouldnt mind a brand new 04 rear maggy in black with a fresh produts lever blade... but could be hard finding that.... mine are actually racelines now but the chavvy f**kers that robbed my bike sprayed em white...

If you take the corner off by the lever blade, then don't over tighten your lever bodies, you shouldn't really have any problems. Most issues people have either seem to stem from having their lever so tight they just break the clamp, or tight enough that if they crash their lever can't spin on the bars so they just break.

If your lever body's got any real signs of crash damage at all, your warranty's likely to be invalidated anyway. Magura are pretty fair with their warranties, but if a lever appears to be battered they'll tell you to do one. If you take that corner off though, it's pretty unlikely to break anyway.

havnt got a pic of a modified one...

but if you look at the pic on 2nd post

you cut the corner off (straight across where the tpa is) so u have a triangle shaped bit in youre hand

if that makes sence

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=149138

read this topic it explains it better then i just have :lol:

Edited by stunt man t

Most issues people have either seem to stem from having their lever so tight they just break the clamp, or tight enough that if they crash their lever can't spin on the bars so they just break.

Or the stupid design. Seriously, whoever it was at Magura that didn't think to put a radius in those corners on a brake that is 99% sold to trials riders should be beaten and have sharp pointy things thrown at him...

It's nowhere near 99%. The reason the new Maguras aren't particularly trials rider friendly is because trials riders aren't where the money is for Magura. I agree the design's still pretty whack, but they don't really need to focus on providing a perfect trials brake.