2010 Festivals/Holidays

Max Quinn

Right so I know it's pretty early, but it's time to start thinking about festivals an holidays an that for this summer, which is currently causing a fat argument among our group of mates :lol: Having been to NASS and Reading for the past few years it's definately time for a change and somewhere foreign, hot and with a beach is on the cards.

Basically got a pretty big shortlist to whittle down to 2 or so.

Beach Break (In Wales, jus cos it's pretty cheap an the location looks incredible this year)

Bennicasim (near Barcelona, 10 days of pure sun and 4 days of music, but lineup is pretty shit and I'm told the location is pretty scummy)

Outlook (in Croatia, pretty hectic dub/reggae/jungle/roots lineup with some d&b, dubstep and hip hop thrown in and all held in a fort :o)

Sun & Bass (Sardinia, amazing deep d&b lineup, amazing location, but it's hotels rather than camping, and music will be in clubs which kinda spoils the fun)

Sunsplash (same place as Benni, pure reggae/roots/jungle/dub/dancehall which could be amazing vibes but crowd sounds all a bit too 'alternative' for my liking)

Where's everyone else thinking? Anyone got any experiences with the above festivals? Particularly Bennicasim cos that's where alot of the group is feeling but I'm not too keen on the idea just because the lineup is shit and a lot of people that have been told me it wasn't that special.

Right so I know it's pretty early, but it's time to start thinking about festivals an holidays an that for this summer, which is currently causing a fat argument among our group of mates :lol: Having been to NASS and Reading for the past few years it's definately time for a change and somewhere foreign, hot and with a beach is on the cards.

Basically got a pretty big shortlist to whittle down to 2 or so.

Beach Break (In Wales, jus cos it's pretty cheap an the location looks incredible this year)

Bennicasim (near Barcelona, 10 days of pure sun and 4 days of music, but lineup is pretty shit and I'm told the location is pretty scummy)

Outlook (in Croatia, pretty hectic dub/reggae/jungle/roots lineup with some d&b, dubstep and hip hop thrown in and all held in a fort :o)

Sun & Bass (Sardinia, amazing deep d&b lineup, amazing location, but it's hotels rather than camping, and music will be in clubs which kinda spoils the fun)

Sunsplash (same place as Benni, pure reggae/roots/jungle/dub/dancehall which could be amazing vibes but crowd sounds all a bit too 'alternative' for my liking)

Where's everyone else thinking? Anyone got any experiences with the above festivals? Particularly Bennicasim cos that's where alot of the group is feeling but I'm not too keen on the idea just because the lineup is shit and a lot of people that have been told me it wasn't that special.

not sure, might do one last leeds if the line up is immense. meant to be goin ibiza on july 21st, other than that, gunna grab an undisclosed and undecided week in the sun somewhere a bit more chilled out.

i wanna do bennicasim but a few people who have been have said that the weather ruins it(lack of shade, u party, u get messed up til 6am, u wake up sweating ur back out at 9am, as its blazin hot outside, you have to deal with the heat all day, then repeat, and by the 3rd day your sick of it)

few mates are goin croatia, (assume its outlook) but stayin in villas/hotels rather than camping.

not sure, might do one last leeds if the line up is immense. meant to be goin ibiza on july 21st, other than that, gunna grab an undisclosed and undecided week in the sun somewhere a bit more chilled out.

i wanna do bennicasim but a few people who have been have said that the weather ruins it(lack of shade, u party, u get messed up til 6am, u wake up sweating ur back out at 9am, as its blazin hot outside, you have to deal with the heat all day, then repeat, and by the 3rd day your sick of it)

Yer if i'm not going somewhere else at the same time I might either work reading or just hop the fence and campsite it up all weekend just cos a load of people will still go haha.

An yer a few people said that to me as well, sounds like it might be a killer for 10 days. But they've got much better facilities then uk festivals so can at least get a decent shower every morning and live like a normal person which might help a bit i guess.

Bennicasim isn't that close to Barcelona I went there a few years ago to viƱa rock it rained all weekend but it was pretty good and down by the beach it's quite nice if the suns shining!

Yer is just the airport we'd go to then get a coach but not really having the best geography I just whacked barca down as a kinda estimate haha :P

April - Edinburgh climbing

June- download Festival

July - 2000 trees festival

August - Leeds Festival (working)

Iceland sometime after that maybe

Hopefully get in some riding trips to France British koxx days and barrow farm too

Should be a great year! :)

Edited by CalopS

Saw they released more NASS lineup today actually. Pretty nice lineup but don't think ima hit it again this year unless I can blag the press pass again. Is a ridiculously young crowd now so just feels like I've outgrown it a bit.

Saw they released more NASS lineup today actually. Pretty nice lineup but don't think ima hit it again this year unless I can blag the press pass again. Is a ridiculously young crowd now so just feels like I've outgrown it a bit.

i am deffo going to nass this year. the lineup looks wickid. ANDY C!

i am deffo going to nass this year. the lineup looks wickid. ANDY C!

Yer i guess, but as much as I love Andy you could see him at pretty much any rave any weekend for Ā£10. This only thing I really like on the lineup is the d&b and that d&b lineup is worse than any standard Ram night or whatever.

Reading (and Leeds, if you're that way inclined) tickets tonight boys and girls... who's gonna be sitting there competing with me for a ticket or 3?

Strong rumour of Blink headlining the friday...

not sure if im going or not this year, it depends on the line up, which means i wont be able to get tickets, as by the time its been discussed with mates, itll be gone. quite happy to buy them off ebay a couple of weeks before, if the line ups crap, well get them for a good price, if the line ups good, well pay loads, but itll be worth it.

that and my Credit cards took a hammering this month already.

not sure if im going or not this year, it depends on the line up, which means i wont be able to get tickets, as by the time its been discussed with mates, itll be gone. quite happy to buy them off ebay a couple of weeks before, if the line ups crap, well get them for a good price, if the line ups good, well pay loads, but itll be worth it.

that and my Credit cards took a hammering this month already.

Yea I was thinking about leaving it till a few days/a week before and getting them off ebay, but the girlfriend is set on going either way so I'll be raping my credit card tonight. Not cool that I then have to jet off to Germany the day after for Eurobike, gonna be absolutely knackered.