Stem For Inspired 24

sokol

hi.i need an advice about comfortable stem for inspired 24. some weeks ago i bought ns stem 50mm 0*, as for street riding is good but as for trial is uncomfortable. Now i am riding with echo stem 90mm 10* with inspired bar and i dont compose about it but i think it can be more eseyer. can you give me an advice, maybe it can depend on position of my bar

do you know any one who ride on inspired, what stem do they have

I have no idea to be honest, Danny Macaskill rides inspired, see if you can find his bike spec somewhere?

Seriously, try turning your bars a bit first, see if that does anything for you. I recently turned mine and my bike feels way better

Most Inspireds we sell have the Onza PZ31 85mm x 20° stems on. It's what I run on my 24" bike, and the same for Stan. Ali uses it on his Inspired too, although he doesn't really count :P Anyway, a lot of people run them and I've found them to be a great compromise between street and trials.

This is what Stan's looks like with it on:

stan1.jpg

I ran a 110, 100, 90, 80 and finally now a 50mm stem and they all have their advantages.

I found that the longer I went, it did feel more trialsy in a sense, but it still didn't feel "good". So I kept getting shorter and shorter and kept liking how much easier it got to bunny hop and do spins. As well as how much easier it was to pull the front end up. I can still do trialsy things, infact, I've been riding more stop-go trialsy as of late. I've been getting harassed at getting a full on trials bike as of late, lol.

Play with your bars in terms of rolling them forward. I've noticed that the stems on this bike only made the cockpit bigger, and since it wasn't a full out trials bike, it terms of trials, it didn't really do much of making it feel like a "proper" trials bike. Mainly because, it isn't one.

;)

Looks like John uses a Thompson Elite stem, looks about 90mm x 5 degrees with those snap happy bars...

Thanks, quite expensive stem though. Also, anywhere that still has those bars? Those checkered ones he has are cool. Also, I thought they were more than 2" rise? Anyone know the geo on the new Onza stems that come on the zoot?

Edited by J Trials 31

On my inspired i run a 90mmx10 Hope stem, with Deity 50mm riser bars and 15mm stacker. It feels great all round however if i had the option i'd put a few more stackers underneath.........but i don't and it feels pretty good as it is. I can just imagine another 15mm/20mm being really nice.

Edited by Matthew62

Stackers are the washers/discs you run under the stem to add height to the stem. Having looked at your bike, you clearly don't need a higher end as it's pretty high already. Just get a shorter stem around 80/90mm with about 10 degrees rise. You can get the onza if you want to save money, or get the hope/thomson if you want your bike to be awesome.

Having said that, your bike looks pretty darn nice already. It does have too long a stem on it now though, and the gear ratio looks too easy, if thats a 16t up front.

• 3 weeks later...