24" Rockman T...A...T...R Who Knows More?

Sethgun

perhaps its becuase tractors have big wheels at the back and small wheels at the front? therefore a mixture of both big and small, which could be compared to the 24inch wheel?

I really hope and guess that im completely wrong and its just totally random, cos that would be the worst reasoning behind a name ever.

Ok props to you Mark, I stole your gag. my bad!

Bizarrely enough "combine" would be a much better name as the 24 is a combination of the two (26 / 20) maybe the name got lost in translation? And it has added bonus agricultural reference which we all love. :giggle:

Edited by rathergoodpie

Anyone know the price tag for these?

Around £479 - but wait til you see some proper photos before you make your mind up about one. Always annoys me when Tribalzine post up poorly shot and edited photos of new frames which gives them a bad reputation right from the start, especially when the manufacturer has specifically told us the photos are not to be seen by customers.

Manus, Aurem, Slate, Maladie, Kortz... I'd say 'random' would probably be one way to describe their naming choices :P

Nice to see that you didn't include switch in there :lol: I named that!

But no, despite the fact that I do live on a farm, the tractor was nothing to do with me. Do love it though! Hope it's a bit lighter than a tractor though!

• 1 month later...

It's a hollow, 2-piece setup so it makes it all lighter.

I think if I was going to run a 24" compy sorta bike I'd probably want to stick with a rear rim brake to be honest. Fair enough dual disc on mods is TNT, but I'm not all that keen on the feel of discs on 'bigger' bikes.

Agreed there, the feel of the brakes is very strange on bigger than 20" wheels so your not gonna get my usual gripe about disc brake mounts.

Do you think this is because of the spoke flex?

I am really tempted by one of these, and if someone can convince me that I can have rim brakes that don't ever slip in the rain then I'm sold.............

Now might be a good time for me to build one up as well, stoopid f'kin ankle.

Edit: are they going to do a 24" fork or is this frame designed around a 26" fork like the Kabra?

Edited by Matt Vandart

24" forks = 26" forks, basically. Only real difference is the mount spacing, but the geometry's essentially the same no matter what.

In terms of brakes that work in the rain, my Koxx Greens with a good grind worked well.

Spoke flex doesn't help in terms of brake feel on discs with stocks.

The Kabra is also out now.

large_kabra2.jpg

That is what I am on about, forks with brake mounts for maggies.

I can't seem to get the grind right or something, I think I'm not pressing hard enough maybe.

I see you decided to get the Kabra in then, better price than what was being said, that makes the decision harder >_<

Edited by Matt Vandart

Ah, I see. I think most companies assume people just want to run a front disc - disc forks outsell rim brake forks by quite a significant margin, so I suppose most manufacturers just don't bother going to the time/effort of having them made. Echo, Because and Inspired have some options available for 24" rim brakes though...

Regarding the Kabra vs. the Tractor, I know which one I'd go for.

Which pads have you tried using with your grind in the past?

It has a 135mm rear end (unlike the Kabra's 116mm), it has a normal headtube (unlike the Kabra's internal headset setup), I prefer the overall looks of the frame, I prefer the dropouts and the integrated tensioners, I prefer the fact it's 200g lighter, and I prefer the straight downtube. Don't really mind curvy top tubes so much, but there's something about banana down tubes that looks wrong :P

Having said that, the geo's fairly different so if, hypothetically, I wanted that geometry I'd go for the Kabra.