Tartybikes Clip Of The Week

Mark W

Vid 5 comment

Nice work, tech lines brakeless is amazing! Oh and well rescued on the foul up!

Although watching/riding BMX too much meant i mapped the line as you were riding and in my head it went like this:

For me: 180 down the step and half-cab up again :P

Pro's: similar but maybe with a tailwhip or barspin? :P

Still a great vid!

Edited by shamus

The 180 down half-cab up would probably be a bit tricky - you've got to drop down onto that little platform before you can 180 off, and it just means you can't really get much speed out of it. You'd end up going super slow by the time you got to the half-cab, so it'd end up looking a bit poop I reckon though...

Cheers for the reply though (Y)

That's ok mark, would be do-able on a BMX though :P

On a serious note I'm really liking the Brakeless Revolution At Tarty (BRAT for short), you're all up for it and being seriously commited to getting lines down without the aid of brakes!

That's ok mark, would be do-able on a BMX though :P

Be tricky getting the speed on the turn though, at least it would be on mine with 28:9 :P

clip of the week number 5 is cool but i did think "get a bmx"

I don't think a BMX would work all that well at Lee Quarry though...

Ahh damn, I wish I could watch these. Censored internet= Epic Fail.

Could someone please upload these to the TF Gallery or Pinkbike? Uploader gets free little Deng goodie upon my return in July (I don't forget these things). If you want !

Edited by Sponge

• 2 weeks later...

HA thats like one of the noises you get from tonyhawks or gta when you die lol.

ABOUT THE POSTS ABOVE (mark needing a bmx), you all need to stop taking the whole trial forum thing to heart! the end of the day its all about riding your bike(loving what you do)

also would like to quickly add. if you had a choice of watching mark, ali, stan and the others ride brakeless 24" or a bmx what would you choose? ....... THOUGHT SO!!!!!!!!!!

keep em coming mark, and show us more videos of you the people have spoken! make more videos....

Couldnt watch video clip 6 to the crash as the camera made me feel sick and dizzy so had to turn it of. Dont rate them cameras.

Had the same dizzying :S feeling when adam was getting up to speed. nice stack at the end where adam's front tyre washed out on the lip of that berm :lol:(Y)

• 2 weeks later...

It got 'tested properly' before. The level of riding Ali's been doing brakeless is, in a lot of cases, putting more force through the frame than a 'normal' trials setup. But yeah, that was just before Ali headed off to do 3 weeks of shows in Scotland so he had to put the brakes back on.