Respraying

rathergoodpie

Last year I wanted to chage the colour of my bike but really couldn't be arsed to take it all apart and spray it, so I covered it in news paper.

PVA glue mixed with water, newspaper and a paint brush is all you need.

post-3784-126956050203_thumb.jpg

post-3784-126956061917_thumb.jpg

post-3784-126956063323_thumb.jpg

Edited by club_card

Anyone got any ideas on where to get paint other than Halfords? They've got a colour thats kinda mixed between the blue and green, but I'm after more of a peppermint green.

Any thoughts?

I've been told the paint from Monster Colours is really good and pretty cheap. Not a huge variety but there you go. I've been sourcing cheap Plastikote stuff from eBay recently.

Get to your local graffiti emporium and buy a few cans of Montana Gold - i used to do a frame in under half a can easily.

About 180 colours to choose from iirc, drys quickly, really hard wearing, won't drip unless you're a proper mong with it.

I love that stuff (L)

EDIT; it's about £4/5 for a 400ml can (again, i think - have been out of the loop for ages and get a nice discount from my local :P )

Edited by Skoze

Last year I wanted to chage the colour of my bike but really couldn't be arsed to take it all apart and spray it, so I covered it in news paper.

PVA glue mixed with water, newspaper and a paint brush is all you need.

that looks f**king mint!

how did you get it so neat?

only because the last time i done that was when i was like 5 lol

and still f**ked it up :lol:

that looks f**king mint!

how did you get it so neat?

only because the last time i done that was when i was like 5 lol

and still f**ked it up :lol:

I cut up loads of retangular shaped bits of news paper put abit of glue mixture on the frame then paper then more glue on top and so on.

When the whole frame was covered I added some details and funny bits on top it took me a few hours though.

I’m thinking of re-spraying my old frame soon. I was just wondering after I’ve stripped it is it best to use a primer and then spray it? Also is there any type of finishing product you can put over the paint? A lacquer or something?

Cheers any advice would be good thought Id ask in here rather than starting a new topic. ^_^

Also is there any type of finishing product you can put over the paint? A lacquer or something?

There is, it's called lacquer.

You'll probably use car paint, which will probably be from halfords, so you can get some there.

Primer is ideal from bare metal.