My Right Crank Is Touching My Frame :S

lil pads

My right crank is touching my frame, I don't now why any ideas of what I could do?

My set up is a: rockman aurem 3

echo sl free wheel

try all 12 tooth rear sprocket

trialtech z10 chain

Try all 165mm cranks

It was fine last week.

Edited by lil pads

Maybe tightening your chain pulled the spocket at a slight angle? If it was in the slightest bit loose it has slight freedom to move.

Slack off the chain, tighten crank bolt as much as possible, tighten chain again and check to see if it still rubs.

I'd take the crank arm off and spin the BB, sounds like it's bent, however it's unlikely.

Unless the crank arm is loose, having a tight chain won't make an impact. So yeh, check it's all tight first, then next I'd try a BB spacer, if that doesn't work then a 128mm BB.

If the BB is bent, you could rotate both cranks round like 90 degrees so instead of the bend making it closer to the frame, it would just tilt the crank arm to the side.

How much clearance do you have on the left John? Probably worth sticking a slim spacer between the drive side BB cup and the frame.

Second best would be removing a bit of material from the back of the crank arm if you are confident with that.