Magura Lever Fix? Cracking On Underside...

STEVE-0

Hi Guys,

Snapped my magura lever last week and I know its a common problem that they start to crack and they go completely if you dont do anything about it. Apparently cutting a curve instead of having a right angled point solves the problem...

For anyone who has done this, how did you do it, i.e. what tools did you use?

Cheers,

Steve-o x

post-113-126804726335_thumb.jpg

Thats the best picture I could find. Where the circles are, there are two 90 degree angles. I'm quite sure this is where they crack, you need to get a needle file and just put a small radius on each corner.

I should have....the lever has already cracked so is the best method to use a hacksaw blade and and needle file to cut out the cracked section?

I should have....the lever has already cracked so is the best method to use a hacksaw blade and and needle file to cut out the cracked section?

Have you got a picture of it?

If possible, drill a small hole where the crack has stopped. Will help prevent it spreading any further.

If its not cracked very far you could just file back using a round/half-round file until the crack is no more, if youre feeling lazy use a dremel and a carbide burr bit :)

I wouldnt use a hacksaw as its alittle coarse and inaccurate for what you need. To stop a crack you can drill a small hole at the root of it to stop further propegation.

If its not cracked very far you could just file back using a round/half-round file until the crack is no more, if youre feeling lazy use a dremel and a carbide burr bit :)

I dremeled my lever after it had a ~9mm crack in it and it's been fine for 18 months now. It's easiest to completely remove the superfluous lumps of metal that the cracks start in- put a nice big rad on that, including removing the crack itself and you're laughing.