Trousers And Freewheels

PeanuckleJive

Basically, Other than riding round with my trousers tucked into my socks like some faggot chav, how can I stop myself getting tangled up? whatever I try never seems to work

Do we reckon a bash ring would stop it? I don't really need a bashring on a mod bike I know, but if it means I can ride without being tangled I'm down for that

Do we reckon a bash ring would stop it? I don't really need a bashring on a mod bike I know, but if it means I can ride without being tangled I'm down for that

Yes. I used to ride mod and basically always wore shorts to avoid destroying trousers but since running front freewheel on stocks and now 24" with a bashring it's only happened maybe twice in about 5 years.

Yes. I used to ride mod and basically always wore shorts to avoid destroying trousers but since running front freewheel on stocks and now 24" with a bashring it's only happened maybe twice in about 5 years.

cheers! sometimes wearing shorts just ain't feasible and it would be nice to be able to get the bike out no matter what i'm wearing and not worry about it capturing me

Might just make my own bashguard, Probably got the material somewhere

everybody else, thanks for the lulz ^^

Bashrings definitely help! In fact, having been absolutely battered by my freewheel today at speed on my 24", I'm going to go from a half to a full ring to try and stop it happening in future. Not much fun...

Bashrings definitely help! In fact, having been absolutely battered by my freewheel today at speed on my 24", I'm going to go from a half to a full ring to try and stop it happening in future. Not much fun...

Wish you'd pointed that out before I went and bought a Trialtech half guard!... Hadn't considered that!

Wish you'd pointed that out before I went and bought a Trialtech half guard!... Hadn't considered that!

If you're left foot forward it should be alright. Mine caught 'cos I was carving left hard, so the cuff of my jeans was lurking in a freewheel-esque area.

Peanuckle - I run (ran as of tomorrow :P) a half ring on my Echo that's effectively a quarter ring. That means I've still got 3/4 of a deadly, spinning freewheel buzzing round waiting to gobble some jeans. By putting a full bashring on, I should be able to stop my jeans getting caught.

Just get a full ring, I've never got caught up since I started using one.

You could also be a man, wear shorts!

I do mostly, but sometimes it's just too cold >.<

How do you not get your leopard skin toga caught in the backwheel caveboy? :lol:

Peanuckle - I run (ran as of tomorrow :P) a half ring on my Echo that's effectively a quarter ring. That means I've still got 3/4 of a deadly, spinning freewheel buzzing round waiting to gobble some jeans. By putting a full bashring on, I should be able to stop my jeans getting caught.

oh aye! didn't think of that

Sweet, full ring it is