Trials Today

Yorkshire Dale

Alright guys

Is it just me or is trials going a bit gay these days? what happened to the good old days where trials bikes wer just modified mountain bikes and the still had seats? evry think was done off both wheels, none of this getting in the back wheel to do a sidehop or go up somethink to back wheel! i think we should start taking trials back to its roots! please share your comments

Dale xx

Alright guys

Is it just me or is trials going a bit gay these days? what happened to the good old days where trials bikes wer just modified mountain bikes and the still had seats? evry think was done off both wheels, none of this getting in the back wheel to do a sidehop or go up somethink to back wheel! i think we should start taking trials back to its roots! please share your comments

Dale xx

Same reason people now play guitar with distortion and other effects, or why drummers started using double bass, it keeps it interesting and pushes the boundaries of the sport

looking at old trials videos and comparing them to nowadays, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would have lost interest in trials if everything had been kept so standard and boring

Edited by PeanuckleJive

Yea but its all about how big you can go now days not about having fun anymore! I go out on rides and see people getting pissed off and throwing bikes around jus cos the can sidehop 54"! Whats that all about?

THat's mostly the TGS guys these days, I still ride purely for fun, I've known quite a few guys who couldn't care less if the gap they're doing is kerb height or 8 feet high, it's all about having fun on your bike right?

but yeah I know where you're coming from, the "go big or go home" guys need to grow a pair sometimes :lol:

Alright guys

Dale xx

Go away.

It's an argument that's a few years old, and that those of us with old-school mentalities will never win. When you say its all about having fun, everyone still does (ok it may not seem it all the time, but 99% do. And yes, even the tgsoromgroflmaoslegz do) they wouldnt ride without enjoyment ;)

It's just the people who act like complete twats on rides, throw their bikes if they cant get that extra inch, and dont understand the concept of light hearted fun riding where no-one really gives a f**k who get on my tits.

edit; DOWN WITH SRS BIZNIZ

Edited by Skoze

It's an argument that's a few years old, and that those of us with old-school mentalities will never win. When you say its all about having fun, everyone still does (ok it may not seem it all the time, but 99% do. And yes, even the tgsoromgroflmaoslegz do) they wouldnt ride without enjoyment ;)

It's just the people who act like complete twats on rides, throw their bikes if they cant get that extra inch, and dont understand the concept of light hearted fun riding where no-one really gives a f**k who get on my tits.

edit; DOWN WITH SRS BIZNIZ

Here you there dude! I even enjoy a good crash every now and then :)maybe i worded it wrong but u no what i was getting at! us oldskoolers are a dying breed but im not gonna be beat the easy :) :)

Go away.

NEVER! Hahaha

I dont think i agree about this people dont ride for fun anymore :/

Obviously high level competition riders might get abit anoyed if they dont do something because its there life and carear, but that doesnt there not having fun riding.

i dont ride street much but on the street rides ive been on all people do is have fun !

and its pretty obvious why the bikes arent the same, if the bikes never got better then niether would the riding, If you like the old school style then its not like you cant buy bikes that are like they used to be, and if thats what you like then get one.

But for many people being on a bike like that and other people being on all the new better bikes being able to do bigger and better things would make it really not fun !

I dont think i agree about this people dont ride for fun anymore :/

Obviously high level competition riders might get abit anoyed if they dont do something because its there life and carear, but that doesnt there not having fun riding.

i dont ride street much but on the street rides ive been on all people do is have fun !

and its pretty obvious why the bikes arent the same, if the bikes never got better then niether would the riding, If you like the old school style then its not like you cant buy bikes that are like they used to be, and if thats what you like then get one.

But for many people being on a bike like that and other people being on all the new better bikes being able to do bigger and better things would make it really not fun !

[/quoti didnt mean pros n the people that make a living out if it! i was on about the people who get pissed at themselves cos they cant tap a wall they think they can or that get annoyed because they 5 a section at a bike trial at begginer levels! u no the sort? jus think a lot of people need to chill and enjoy themselves more :)

Edited by Yorkshire Dale

Oldskool is on the comebk, inspired are testing a 26inch frame which ali c is riding atm, also we hav 24inch street/trials bikes.

I cant wait to hav a 26inch street bike which is short wheelbase and low in the seat area, as its my one dream frames to have.

Think one of the things which wud be great to hav is street comps on all the time thoughout the year, like the redball bike battle, ive said it many of times and we dont know if it will ever happen again. Also more indoor comps like the exeter indoor one which was put on couple of years ago, was ace.

Hopefully one day things will change and more events other then natural comps will happen, but its all about the money going into them.

On the other hand, wen i go riding around my local i put in alot of effort in, and try and think of new stuff.

But wen it comes to a small ride with mates sumwhere, i try and do loads of things to make the day gd and feel gd about myself knowning i did it and got it on film.

If i was on a ride like a big london one like jack meeks, i probs do abit of riding and chat and talk and just watch peeps ride.

Riding, chatting and having a laugh is always a gd thing with mates.

I started to get bored of doing trials/street last year, but now i do alot of xc riding and DH because it takes me bk to wen u first started doin stuff on bikes. Plus its gd to move around your bikes, im enjoying DOWNHILL then coming home and goin out on my trials bike, try it and ull see.

Edited by John Shrewsbury

Is it just me or is trials going a bit gay these days?

If you ride with taht mind set, then yeah- you're gonna not enjoy it. YOU'RE the reason you're not enjoying it, you can't blame it on anyone else. Do something different, do some bunnyhops, change your style. Don't get worked up about what OTHER PEOPLE are doing. It doesn't make sense...

Does any of this really matter? Just ride your bikes, if you don't enjoy it, sell it and try something else.

Bang on. Think it's gay? Give up and don't complain.

Does any of this really matter? Just ride your bikes, if you don't enjoy it, sell it and try something else.

I don't enjoy it any more, so I'm selling up and moving on.

You'll want it back in the summer. ;)

Well I tried to get back into it last summer by rebuilding my bike with the Simtra frame and made it all perfect, and I must have ridden it about 10 times, and nowhere good. It's never even seen Matlock Quarry lol.

Thinking about selling my Koxx (Cheat Code) aswell, as I've ridden it twice since building it.

I don't agree. People ride for fun as well as self satisfaction For example if you do a big side hop, tap, kick etc etc you feel good about your self but at the same time people enjoy doing it and have fun doing it!

Oh my, did that really come from you?

Don't be put off by the northern TGS boys and girls being all about sidehops, not everyone likes that kinda thang.

Take yesterdays ride here in sunny Devon for example - 3 yaabaas, a 24" leeson with a seat, a 24" inspired with a seat all riding rocks together, then all riding street together with the yaabaa boys throwing down wall rides, bunnyhops spins and all kinda tomfoolery.

But then thats 'cos the South West is the place to be and everyone here is safe as houses son.

Blame Northerners, deng, tape measures, wide angle lenses, deng, generic sidehop videos with death metal sound tracks, pink rims, deng, skinny jeans, deng, long frames, deng, I could go on.

On the 26" front as bikes got longer the riding got slower and it's now pretty much just extreme pogo stick riding and most of the street, speed, bmx's influence is gone which was all the fun for me. I don't think I could go on a london ride now, comparing it back to 2001-2004, the Jonny Jones videos. I'll always ride how I always have, I ride for fun not spending an evening trying to squeeze 3mm out of a sidehop.

Other than marino, there really are no short 26" options left now.

On the 20" front, I really couldn't care, it doesn't interest me and the bikes look ridiculous :)

On the 24" front, Danny mac's definitely made a difference, but the fourplay ain't the magic fix for street riding people assume it is, I'd try one if it had a slacker head angle an was shorter, a 26" zebdi is 15mm shorter, I know it's made to do both I just wish it was closer to the old school than it is.

Yea I said it.