Removing Freewheeel

lankeman

got a trialtech half bash ring thing and its been set for a left foot freek! therefor i hit the chain everytime i go wrong.

Took the crank off put the freewheel removal tool in the vice smacked the crank on to it, then twated it with a hammer, no luck.

any ideas?

got a trialtech half bash ring thing and its been set for a left foot freek! therefor i hit the chain everytime i go wrong.

Took the crank off put the freewheel removal tool in the vice smacked the crank on to it, then twated it with a hammer, no luck.

any ideas?

lube threads bigger ,hammer ,more leverage,or find someway to bodge your hlafring. :P hope this helped but things like this are frustraiting. good luck

My ghetto southener way of doing it, is tieing the crank to a thick tree branch with a strap from a ratchet strap. Then getting a f**k off long pole and using the leverage off that.

Did it this afternoon, did it last friday. Who the f**k needs vices, when you have tree's. ;)

Hammers? wut?

hold the crank arm in a vice so the freewheel is sitting on top of the vice, put the tool on, put a socket onto the tool, put a ratchet or solid handle on the socket, bish bash bosh

you can't remove a freewheel without using extra leverage? o.O

Edited by PeanuckleJive

Most important thing is to bolt the removal tool to the freewheel through the cranks. Otherwise you're never going to manage. Once that's done it's a case of getting a ton of leverage on it- as shown in the Tarty video (although I'm guessing the one in the video hadn't been on the crank and used for a few years prior to filming that- I reckon there would be a lot more swearing and fighting with it if so!).

Most important thing is to bolt the removal tool to the freewheel through the cranks. Otherwise you're never going to manage. Once that's done it's a case of getting a ton of leverage on it- as shown in the Tarty video (although I'm guessing the one in the video hadn't been on the crank and used for a few years prior to filming that- I reckon there would be a lot more swearing and fighting with it if so!).

In all honestly, mine came off a piece of piss. And it had been sat on the t-pro arm for 3/4 years. And had some big riders ride it.

And i'm not exactly the biggest built of riders, and it was effortless for me, just like Ad's makes it look in the video. :)

In all honestly, mine came off a piece of piss. And it had been sat on the t-pro arm for 3/4 years. And had some big riders ride it.

And i'm not exactly the biggest built of riders, and it was effortless for me, just like Ad's makes it look in the video. :)

Mine are always an absolute bitch to come off. My Eno removal tabs are pretty much destroyed from failed attempts, even with the tool being bolted on!