Bmx Race Tyres ?

crispyboy

Usually a fairly hard compound, so although light they'd probably not be that great. I used a KHE folding tyre on the front of my mod for a day and it was alright for street, but not great at anything that wasn't dry and/or smooth. Super light though, so I guess for most people's pogo sticks who's front wheels barely touch the floor it'd be good :P

I've been running a slick bmx tyre on the front for months now.

It grips just as well as any other tyre in the dry, but is some what worrying in the wet.

So in summary, don't bother.

To be fair though, Comets are shit :P

These are what I was running:

khe+mac+2+street%2B.jpg

262g

My mate runs a kenda tyre on his bmx kinda looks like my 26" nevegal stick e 1.95 prolly a hard compound but better tread than that khe.

Small block 8 btw

Tryall ***

Edited by jambo

I used Shwalbe mow joe bmx racing tyre

http://www.schwalbe.co.uk/c2-1051-schwalbe-tires-mow-joe.html

20 x 2.00 version..after modifiacations weight was arround 345-350 grams...grip was not so good like my old monty tyre. I think-good tyre for street riders..I prefer comp style. so I like that my tyre is very grippy ;)

THERE is my old dual echo lite prooject with scwalbe tyre...8.350 kg...

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=132857&hl=

Well most thoughts seem negative so i think i will leave it

I was thinking along the lines of one of these:

comp3_black.jpg

Don't be fooled by the name on it. That's just a kids bike tyre. Unless Tioga have re designed it with some fancy rubber I think it's just an off the shelf jobby. Those tyres are terrible.

Don't be fooled by the name on it. That's just a kids bike tyre. Unless Tioga have re designed it with some fancy rubber I think it's just an off the shelf jobby. Those tyres are terrible.

The Comp III was the tyre that spawned those kids bikes tyres. It's pretty legendary in the BMX world, and trails riders love 'em. Not ideal for trials though...

The Comp III was the tyre that spawned those kids bikes tyres. It's pretty legendary in the BMX world, and trails riders love 'em. Not ideal for trials though...

Trails riders love them? So they love really hard plasticy dodgy tread pattern tyres? They must be onto something >_<.

Trails riders love them? So they love really hard plasticy dodgy tread pattern tyres? They must be onto something >_<.

The 'proper' ones weren't like that, but some of the newer ones seem to be. The rip-offs are definitely shite though.