Trials + Pegs? -- 24" + Dd + Pegs

Giddy Koxx Boy

Hey,I've recently been looking at 24" trials bikes and i used to bmx and really like pegs.

I was wondering if there is any major reasons why you couldn't put pegs on a trials bike with dual disk...

obviously there is the problem of the disks being bent (as i would put pegs on the right hand side) so is there any good disk protectors out there that would stop this?

I once had a female hub on my BMX and i couldn't get it tight enough with the pegs on, it kept coming lose extremely quickly, considering that most trials hubs are female is there any ways around this?

Thanks,

Gideon :)

Firstly, disks are on the lh side not the rh side so if you were to put pegs on the rh side there would be no chance of the disks hitting. I really don't get why you want to put pegs on a trials bike but with female hubs you just get bolts that are about 5mm longer than the original ones and remember to threadlock them.

But really it's pointless.

Clive made one way back!

Speak to Matt Barlow (i think) or Lawnmowerman about it :)

If you're wanting to put pegs on the right hand side, remember that's your drive side! And unless you're going horizontal it'll mean tensioners etc getting mashed when grinding.

do it. Be nice to see something different :)

At-least someone gets the idea :)

I dont see why you would want pegs they would get it the way IMO. But some trials dropouts might be a bit weak to run them.

"IMO"? and i want pegs because its just more to do, something different, they're not expensive so if it doesn't work, it doesn't matter. i just think it would be pretty cool to be able to side-hop to pegs and grinding is always fun i think biggrin.gif

At-least someone gets the idea :)

"IMO"? and i want pegs because its just more to do, something different, they're not expensive so if it doesn't work, it doesn't matter. i just think it would be pretty cool to be able to side-hop to pegs and grinding is always fun i think biggrin.gif

Fair point but will pegs be able to hold the force and weight of a person and a sidehop on trials dropouts?

Clive made one way back!

Speak to Matt Barlow (i think) or Lawnmowerman about it :)

If you're wanting to put pegs on the right hand side, remember that's your drive side! And unless you're going horizontal it'll mean tensioners etc getting mashed when grinding.

searched members, cant find him huh.gif

+ i have no idea who it is laugh.gif

Sidehop to pegs would be fun but wouldent the bolts snap and bend

Yeah, i was thinking about that, if i got strong enough bolts and kept them tight enough they should last quite a while

Fair point but will pegs be able to hold the force and weight of a person and a sidehop on trials dropouts?

I dont know unsure.gif,

thats why i posted this thumbsupanim.gif

I suppose bmx dropouts aren't that much different, but they have male hubs

I ran a peg on the back of my Inspired for a while just for a laugh. Started by just using extra along 'unbreakable' bolts but because they were only M6 I thought it'd be a better idea to make a proper axle so turned up a custom stainless axle with proper M10 threads on the end to accept the peg. Worked fine, didn't snap the frame and was good fun! Didn't get in the way at all (if you're going to hit a peg while sidehopping you're doing something wrong) and just opened up the odd feeble or stall. In the end I didn't use it enough so took it off but just go for it!

Vimeo Video -> Original Video

I ran a peg on the back of my Inspired for a while just for a laugh. Started by just using extra along 'unbreakable' bolts but because they were only M6 I thought it'd be a better idea to make a proper axle so turned up a custom stainless axle with proper M10 threads on the end to accept the peg. Worked fine, didn't snap the frame and was good fun! Didn't get in the way at all (if you're going to hit a peg while sidehopping you're doing something wrong) and just opened up the odd feeble or stall. In the end I didn't use it enough so took it off but just go for it!

Vimeo Video -> Original Video

Nice video, sounds like allot of effort to me, but i really want to do it turned.gif

Hence the

If that was aimed at me :P

But yeah, speak to the pair of them - both owned the Leeson i linked to.

I want it :(

yeah, i've talked to him, he sold it to some guy and i'm talking to that guy now :)

Thought about grinding on the pedals instead? Save allot of hassle, money and weight :turned:

Can still do stalls and stuff on axles too - I f**king hate pegs, so on my BMX I just do icepick grinds and feebles on my rear axle. Did some smith grinds too, but I've got lower profile bolts on my front wheel (and I'm shit at them), so that wasn't the easiest.

Dan - your bar + stem + bolt = on the way :) Packed that shit myself before pounding down a massive fish and chips dinner.