Site News: Trials-Forum Upgrade

I noticed no difference, it seems there isn't actually any difference. Though i did notice the thing on the right, status updates or whatever it was has now gone, but i had that minimized anyway.

Oh okay! I guess Cookies played some part there then. Once i changed my profile everything got smaller. Seems all good to me.

Possible issue with SEARCH?

In the selection of forum field, try searching Echo or something similar in 'classified' only. No luck? Well that's what i get. Then select 'wanted' or 'for sale' instead, then i get results.

Not exactly an issue, but may be for some you know? ;)

[edit]

Oh and for some reason when i search 'Profile' in 'wanted' section and select 'only titles' i get no results. Yet there are topics titled with the word 'Profile' in them.

Edited by eskimo

at the bottom right of the page, where you click to get a scroll down to got from say trials chat to chitchat, that doesnt seem to be working right now

think it was just my laptop being weird now. dont worry

Edited by Ash-Kennard

• 3 weeks later...

There's definitely something weird going on with the 'views' numbers... doesn't seem to register correctly.

Updates every 15mins or something like that, hence a new topic can have replies but no views if it's 'new' new.

Yeah, noticed that too. There is a topic with 10 replies and no veiws. :S

You get youtube vids with 100's of ratings and 27 views too.

Watched topics still doesn't work for me... :angry: They don't show in my watched topics box. Anyone else the same?

Also, the watched topic box doesn't even show up in IE.

Edited by JT!

Is it possible to add (or just point to me, cause i'm blind) a marker for unread posts? Because when look in a thread, i can only tell which posts i've read from the date, but that's not always acurate and sometimes makes me (at least) scroll through the post to find which was the last one in the topic that i've already read. :unsure:

Is it possible to add (or just point to me, cause i'm blind) a marker for unread posts? Because when look in a thread, i can only tell which posts i've read from the date, but that's not always acurate and sometimes makes me (at least) scroll through the post to find which was the last one in the topic that i've already read. :unsure:

The little orange boxes next to each topic tells you that there are new posts you haven't read. Clicking on the little orange box takes you to the oldest unread post. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh cool I didn't noticed the box on profiles.

As for negative votes, shamus has hit the nail on the head there. The only reason I could see to enable negative voting would be so people could get some bullying like statisfaction from negatively voting a post/member, so it won't be enabled.

But the problem is that the rep box in people's profiles becomes useless without a 'dislike' button as everyone is going to have a good rep, and the more someone posts the higher it's going to be regardless of the quality of their posts. Having a dislike option might make members increase the quality of their posts and post spam posts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...