Films!?

ogre

Mr. Nobody (2009)
MV5BMTg4ODkzMDQ3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTEw

This must be the best movie i seen this year.
I give it a 10/10!

This is the kind of film you don't see too often. It is truly a visual masterpiece. I haven't heard about this french director, but "Mr Nobody" really blew my mind in all its images, dreams, romance and complexity. The movie has similarities to films by Michel Gondry but i think this film was more magical. Dreamlike and existential films. Some might think Mr Nobody is too complex, too demanding. It is not for everyone, but I loved it. Like other surreal movies, Peter Jacksons "The Lovely Bones", and "Synechdohe: New York" "Dr. Parnassus", "Micmacs"- these dreamlike and "difficult" films must be terribly expensive to produce and I ask myself how can the companies go through with these productions? These flicks never generate big box office money. Im amazed that they still make this kinds of demanding visual movies for cinema. And glad.

I discovered the greatness of Jared Leto as an actor when he played John Lennons Killer in Chapter 23. That was a truly disturbing and amazing acting of a disturbed fanatic loner. Mr Nobody is however the role of his life! If you like this kinds of movies I recommend "Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind", "Synechdohe: New York" and "THE FOUNTAIN". They really make you think!
Edited by t33zr

^Well f**k you very much..

Not as 'art house nuevo' as tree of life but in a similar vein and just as bad imo. Long long looong asss film with lots of story and characters, shame the plot made little sence.

I want those hours back :(

Eternal sunshine is good, hope the other two are.

Edited by *gentlydoesit

really?

What was the plot?

Well I don't want to spoil it if anyone plans on watching it; so stop reading if you plan on watching.

Sorry for my english first of all.

When the guy was born he could see both past and future, so when they interviewed him when old he started telling the journalist about his "multiple lifes" but in reality they weren't multiple, he was just telling him all the possible lifes he could have had depending on the choices he could have made differently starting when he was chasing his mom on the train.

So since he could see the future he saw all the possible lifes he could have had if he chased his mom, and then all the lifes he could have had when he stopped and went with his dad. "in reality" he couldn't chose because he knew what would happen in any possible life and he didn't like it.

Same as the chess move he mentioned the only possible move was... not to move. So he chose neither and went on another route to the woods to blow a leaf that guided Anna to get together with him again on the bench at the lighthouse, That's the life he chose but differently to how he saw it in the first place.

Which is why when he died he whispered her name.

When the kid was in the theater it just meant he was presented with all the lifes so he could chose.

Or at least that's what I understood.

Also when there's no time everything can happen at once, which is why he could see the future in the first place and live all the possible lifes.

Ok, I missed some key parts then :/

"When he was born" .. I didn't know that bit, was that visual or implied?

"Blow the leaf" I saw that bit, and the refernces to the butterfly effect, buy never linked it.

"Kid in the theatre" don't recall that bit

"Whispered her name" never heard that.. what the hell was I doing?!

I saw the old guy in the end scene and it looked like he went back into the past, never heard him speak :×

Given that I obviously missed/lost consciousness/overlooked some vital que's, the film presented its self a bit like butterfly effect and sliding doors, but as abstract as tree of life. (Imagine how bad that was :P ) definitely didn't view the film as you did!

Going for the jacket next, might try and concentrate. Ooo a passing cloud...

*your English was cool btw

Edited by *gentlydoesit

-When he was born he had to pick between a few families, so they presented the families on a couch like if they were being interviewed for an adoption. It was first person perspective from the kid.

-A Red theater he was alone in the middle.

-He said "Annaaaaa" *died x.x *

You might have been sleeping during the movie or you've got terrible ADD =P