Films!?

ogre

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of a bump.

Went to see Gravity because it received universal critical acclaim and found it thrilling for the first half of the movie. In the second half though it got a bit silly and Hollywood-ish. Didn't read any reviews or watch any trailers before so as not to spoil the effect - I was actually expecting something along the lines of 2001 (silly me). Instead, it was just more scientifically accurate than other films with a space theme but I got the impression that in various moments throughout the film accuracy was ditched in favour of making something look cool or helping the story progress.

So yeah, I guess it was definitely worth seeing but it doesn't even come close to Kubrick's picture which was a big disappointment for me.

Lol, I read on the BBC News website the other night about how sci fi is portrayed in movies, have a look at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24518305.

I've got a couple of films for watching over the next few days, first is Pacific Rim which I've been looking forward to for a while. Hope it lives up to my expectations as I'm struggling to find stuff worth a watch at the moment, ended up watching a few films from the 80's I've not seen in years like Stakeout, Running Scared and the quality Three Men And A Baby!

Though I quite enjoyed pacific rim, I couldnt help comparing it to other films that it so obviously gives a nod to, and took some que's from. Even reminded me of power rangers a couple of times.

And I went to see insidious 2, can't really put my finger on why it wasn't that good, but then I didn't enjoy the first one that much either.

Are new films missing somthing? I've not seen a film recently that I really liked.

Watched the purge yesturday.. I looked forward to it, sounded a great premise. It was okish, but I thought the storyline was weak, no caracter development and the twist (if you could call it that) was a bit gash, leading the plot to a completly anticlimactic finish.

• 4 weeks later...

Is that the cancer comedy type film? Yeah, its a decent film(if its the film I'm thinking of)

Saw a few things recently, gravity was a big let down for me, too much hype for a fairly average film. Worth a watch but don't expect to be amazed.

Forgot what else I watched :S . It'll come to me...

This Is The End, worth a watch!

that, bizzar! But some lol moments

Cabin in the Woods was amazing, starts off typical (in a good way) but then gets kind of crazy in a good way.

Yeah, that was so weird & unexpected that it became great!

Anyone seen Killer Joe? I don't really know how to describe it...

Edited by LEON