Films!?

ogre

Lol, suit yourself. I always hated how there was songs in disney films.

'We're going on an adventure!'

'LETS SING A SONG ABOUT IT!'

or

'I'm an evil cnut... I feel a song coming on...'

:ermm:

It's because human beings latch onto repetition for security. Children moreso than adults. So the easist way to hold a childs attention is to break the film up into sections of song so they will watch it a couple of times and love it, rather than a more adult film where the story is mostly plotline and social-interaction based.

• 1 month later...

Curious to see this prequel of the 1982 John Carparter version.

This is a prequel to the original film, so it really needs to end with a couple of people chasing the alien with a helicopter - I'm just going to say that now. But I really don't see how they're going to do anything different to the original film. It's a premise that can only really follow the same route the original did.

Personally, I'm anticipating this to be a good film to those who haven't seen it and something which is generally simultaneously decent yet rather predictable and boring to others that have seen the original. But I guess we will have to wait and see.

*After thought: If there's a spider head, the film is going to be really disappointing.

Any one seen suckerpunch? Your views on it?

I really liked it as soon as I knew where it was going, but anyone else think the ending was a bit of an anti-climax? The whole 'dancing' thing I didn't really get, I expected them to explain that a little bit more, and why would that distract everyone? And I also didn't really get why she went into those inception-like super intense action cut scenes, was there a reason for that?

With this many marvel characters in one movie, wtf enemy are they all fighting against?

Really? The guy at the beginning of the trailer saying that earth was meant to be ruled... the same guy that was clearly seen halfway through fighting against them... Wasn't enough of a hint for you?

The dude is called Loki. He's Thors brother from another mother.

Unfortunately, quite a bit of cgi to re-create the large scale scenes of the movie. Looks like a prequel to the Ridley Scott's original ALIEN movie.

Not had a look at the trailer but I have been following the progress of it online, be quality to get a proper origin for Alien and hopefully with as little CGI crap as possible!

Not had a look at the trailer but I have been following the progress of it online, be quality to get a proper origin for Alien and hopefully with as little CGI crap as possible!

cgi isn't the problem

and it will not be for someone like ridley scott

cgi is a tool

if they know how to use it

there will be no problem

Unfortunately, quite a bit of cgi to re-create the large scale scenes of the movie. Looks like a prequel to the Ridley Scott's original ALIEN movie.

According to Empire, Ridley Scott sort of thought about turning this film into an Alien prequel, a bit of an explanation as to the space jockeys, but when the story was being developed more he decided not to attach it to the Alien films, so... you might want to think of it as a prequel but it's not actually a prequel. ;)

Attack The Block - total wank, 'gangsta bludz' is the most boring stereotype ever, and the film relies on it for 90% of the laughs. Awful.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - enjoyed it for the most part, good film but a relatively poor ending.

Also just watched Trainspotting and forgot how good it is, top film!