Films!?

ogre

Shutter Island is trippy and I like how the ending contradicts the slightly before the ending.

My first thought on Shutter Island was "Good Lord, Leonardo DiCaprio's got fat." Second thought was "I'll keep the movie on, it's kind of enjoyable." My third thought was probably something about that evenings dinner or why my tea tasted like cats piss. Final thought was "What the f**k is this f**king shit. I have no idea what just happened."

that's something you have to see on the big screen

on a tv or on a laptop, it's just lame

I see that as a huge criticism of the film as opposed to a positive comment.

Surely if the plot, dialogue, setting, character portrayal and storyline don't translate on to anything other than a big-ass cinema screen, then that's a sign of a very poor film. You shouldn't have to watch it on a ridiculous scale to appreciate all that went in to the movie. If what you're saying is true, then surely the film is purely about the effects and nothing more...? Again, if this is the case, then it's not a sign of a good film at all.

P.S. I don't agree with you about the screen size, but in principal a film that only works in a cinema can't be very good.

I see that as a huge criticism of the film as opposed to a positive comment.

Surely if the plot, dialogue, setting, character portrayal and storyline don't translate on to anything other than a big-ass cinema screen, then that's a sign of a very poor film. You shouldn't have to watch it on a ridiculous scale to appreciate all that went in to the movie. If what you're saying is true, then surely the film is purely about the effects and nothing more...? Again, if this is the case, then it's not a sign of a good film at all.

P.S. I don't agree with you about the screen size, but in principal a film that only works in a cinema can't be very good.

I do not agree with you

I have had this feeling with pretty much all the movies I have seen both in theater and on tv/laptop

even with a good story, there always something more on the big screen

but I have to say photography and atmosphere are most of the time what I prefer in a movie

I like to be "inside" the film

not just analysing the story or whatever

I appreciate the cinema experience versus a 14" notebook and fully understand the differences, and if you'd said films are better in the cinema i'd see where you were coming from - but you're saying a good or great film in the cinema, will be 'lame' at home on a TV or computer....that's a rather big change in feeling when all that's changed is the media device.

For instances one amazing film...'One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest' - now i've only ever seen that at home on a TV (due to not being born when it was released) and i adore that film. I'd love to see it in the cinema but it wouldn't make a huge difference as the story and dialogue is all there.

Are you saying you don't like old movies then? As you can only watch in the cinema films that are current. I appreciate your point of view to an extent about all-out action films, and sci-fi-3D bull-shittery, but some films (and arguably the best films) have such a strong storyline that they're increible no matter what.

You're basically condeming art-house films, anything made before you were born and anything documentery based that doesn't make it as a major release....seems like you're missing out on a hell of a lot of good stuff.

yeah

I talk like a retard quite often

I love old movies, they rules

it's just, a movie like inseption was really spectacular

not only the fx, but also the music, the lighting, the photography etc

I know I will not like it on my laptop as much as I ve enjoyed it in theater

matrix, dark knight, lord of the rings etc all these films have blown me away on the big screen

but loosed some of their impact on smaller screen

Forgot How much i enjoyed the new thor movie. Some really quite funny bits in it.

Onto fast5 tonight, though i think i'll be watching that with the salt tub close to hand :giggle:

HAVE YOU A HORSE!?

I watched "Super" last night (Not to be confused with Super 8)

It's like Kick Ass but in my opinion better. Look it up!

I wasnt expecting it to be so f**king brutal haha, good film though!

Also watched suckerpunch tuther day, what an amazing film!

and a blu ray disc... and this and that. haha

Edited by Davetrials

Having asked my friend what the reference was in Family guy when Stewies in the art museum, we went to a friend house and watched a movie reasonably randomly on a list of top 20 movies. The movie we picked was Ferris Bueller's Days Off which was what the reference was. Massive coincidence I'd watch that episode of Family guy the same day I watched that movie without seeing the connection.

Movie was really good as well.