Best Bike Of The 00s.

Ollie Histon

Thought i'd steal the idea from the other thread about riders, maybe we could think up some more one and have a whole awards ceremony!

Now, obviously it would make sense that the most recent bikes are the best, so how about those that were groundbreaking, or perhaps still live up to their modern competetors?

Categories are:-

26inch

Comp

Street

20inch

Comp

TGS

Doesn't seem worth bothering with 24 as it's clearly the inspired?

Thought i'd steal the idea from the other thread about riders, maybe we could think up some more one and have a whole awards ceremony!

Now, obviously it would make sense that the most recent bikes are the best, so how about those that were groundbreaking, or perhaps still live up to their modern competetors?

Categories are:-

26inch

Comp

Street

20inch

Comp

TGS

Doesn't seem worth bothering with 24 as it's clearly the inspired?

26inch

Comp = Coustellier V2

Street = Echo Pure

20inch

Comp = Monty 221 ti

TGS = Zoo Python

Mod - Zona Zip. Mainly because I have one, but also because looong mods are awesome!

24 - Inspired. Such nice frames, lovely to ride. Also done a lot for the 24" scene.

Stock - '04 Echo Pure. I don't get on with stocks well at all, but my mates '04 Pure was so nice!

Stock....Kinda tempted to say the boxx? purely because it just looked so damned different. to ride, I've yet to find a bike that rides nicer than my coustellier v2 though.

24"....For reasons luke stated above...has to be the Inspired

Mod....XTP2...the original xtp was pretty innovative with the cnc'd headtube, bb yoke and brake yoke...and the xtp2 just improved on the design somewhat

20 inch - any of the first onzas for example t mag etc, they made 20inch bikes readily available to people and gave a cheaper option to monty

24 inch - ashton et24 never owned one never rode one not really into 24inch but they were one of the first

26 inch - pashley 26mhz never got chance to own one but still look great with some of the builds i have seen on here

20 inch: Has to be the onza t-pro it was the perfect bike for the beginner right up to pro, and it also had really handy brake hose guides.

24 inch: can only really say the inspired because i haven't had much experience with these bikes.

26 inch: GU Typhoon, nice design and v.good geo, and far as i know it was built like a tank.

20 inch : Onza T-Pro 06 purely because of they were epic standard can could be modded to be epic by changing a couple of things

24 inch : ashton et24 first 24 inch that started the scene

26 inch marino as can be any geo you want and im in love with mine!

best mod would be between the (the xtp replicas, not the square tubed ones) onza t-pros cause they were such fantastic builds to get people into riding, however the zoo python frames/builds were iconic of the TGS riding style :) unsure about 26"s

Whats up with these gay threads, whats the best this and that? Whats next, which pads are the best of the 00's?

An opportunity to look back over the past ten years of trials and celebrate the great advances in bikes, the memorable moments that you were amazed by, give riders some acknowledgment for their hard work and commitment to the sport over the years.

People who have been riding for a long time get the chance to be nostalgic and the new generation get the chance to learn the history of the sport they're getting into.

If you're after real mile stones, then the Levelboss has to be one. It marked a monumental shift from short to long and low. Within a couple of years the whole design model of 26" frames had followed.

The Ashton ET 24" also was the first time 24" bikes were proven to work.

Je agree, back in the day when 1065 seemed like the longest thing ever, credit due to Koxx for getting everyone off their Zebdis and moving frames in another direction. Although Zebdis were cool as well, until Grant went all weird. 04 Short Echo Pures also as they are just timeless and ride so well...and i own one. But yeah, the levelboss was the start for the frames around today.

Edited by Iain C